• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HELP 95 CHEVY TAHOE

5.7GirlTahoe95

Reaction score
1995 Chevrolet Tahoe
4door 2WD C1500
I NEED HELP WITH A COUPLE OF THINGS
  1. THE GAS ISNT READING STAYS PASSED FULL ON, OFF OR RUNNING BUT WHEN I STEP ON THE GAS IT MOVES A LITTLE BIT WHAT CAN IT BE? FLOATER? FUEL PUMP?
  2. THE WINDSHIELD WIPERS WERE TURNED ON AND THEY DIDNT STOP UNTIL I TURNED OFF THE TRUCK THE SWITCHER THINGY TO CHANGE SETTINGS FROM LOW TO HIGH IS LOOSE, COULD IT BE THAT THE WIPER MOTOR IS MESSED UP OR UNDER THE STEERING WHEEL WIRES ARE MESSED UP?
  3. DUDE BEEN TRYING TO PUT AN AMP IN MY TRUCK KNOWING WE HAVNT CHECKED ALL THE WIRING & THE AMP STAYS ON PROTECTION MODE, I RECENTLY CHECKED THE ALL AROUND SOUND AND THE 2 BACK SEAT DOOR PANEL SPEAKERS R OVER WITH 1 IS NOT EVEN THERE & THE OTHER ONE IS BLOWN IM TRYING TO TELL THIS GUY THAT IT GOES ON PROTECTION MODE CUS OF THE SPEAKERS AND WE MIGHT HAVE TERRIBLE GROUND
I DO HAVE A MULTIMETER I JUST GOT THAT IM BARELY READING INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO USE CORRECTLY LOL
  1. WHERE ARE THE GROUND POINTS TO A 95 CHEVY TAHOE 2WD 5.7????
  2. HOW DO I TEST IF CIRCUIT BREAKERS ARE STILL GOOD WITH A MULTIMETER??
  3. WHAT ARE THE STEPS TO CHECK FOR A CLOGGED FUEL THINGY
ILL ASK MORE WHEN I REMEMBER

My windshield wipers do the same thing sometimes and I just tap on the switch otnhit the steering column to get it back right. I have never taken the steering column cover off to see if it is something that I can take apart to clean or if it just has to be replaced.

The fuel filter is mounted under the Tahoe on the driver side. It should be a silver color (depending on how dirty it is) and has a nut on both sides to be able to disconnect it. Best bet would be to go ahead and replace it.

YouTube is best bet to learn how to use multimeter.
I will try to find one that is a good example and post link.

For the amp, the large power wire should go to battery witha fuse inline close to the battery, the small (usually blue) wire should only get power when the radio is turned on.

The fuel gauge is probably an open circuit or bad float/sender in the tank. Way past full indicates an open circuit in the fuel gauge wire.

The wipers is a bad park switch. You will most likely need a new wiper board, but you may be able to pull the board, clean the contacts, and regrease them. When it doesn't sense the wipers going to the stop/park position, they'll judt keep running until power is cut. Wiper boards are a common failure item, there may still be a recall on it as 95 got recalled.

As to installing an amplifier, you should run your radio outputs straight from the radio to your amplifiers input. 4 door yukons, trucks, and suburbans already have a factory installed amplifier, and the amplified input going into your amp can overdrive the input, and burn the amp.

Back