• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello

John cormier

Reaction score
I am new to diesel but I bought a 1984 f350 supercab long bed 4x4 deisel!
I have had it for a year and all I have done is work on it because this black beaty
Has sat up since 2002 ,it only has 132000 miles on it but because it sat up a lot has happened!
I replaced the radiator,waterpump,thermostat,vaccum pump ,brake booster,brake master cylinder,clutch slave cylinder,fuel pump, glo plugs,injector orings,all the flex fuel lines including the return lines and now I am rebuilding the injection pump!
So if anyone can shed some light on the injection pump please do!
Thanks John

Welcome John. Most everyone has pumps rebuilt at a shop so it can be bench tested on the machine.

Are you just trying to do a gasket kit, or what are you doing to it?

Guessing a db pump, but which one?

ok. Somewhere here @WarWagon posted a manual for db2 pumps, but I am horrible at finding things to link it here for you. Hopefully he or someone else can. If not, I will try searching it out for you tonight when I get home. The manual is for the gm version, which rotates opposite direction but otherwise is the same pump.

If it sat that long... What does the fuel tank look like? IMO the Fuel in the tank is something else now and needs to be disposed of. I highly recommend you "rent experience" and have a pump shop rebuild the pump or simply leave it alone after running fresh fuel through it. Again without knowing what the old diesel fuel looks like and what gummed up, rusted, or if bugs got loose in the fuel system: I am guessing. If it needs a reseal from sitting just have it rebuilt and do the injectors as well. Have a way to shut the intake air off when starting as the pump could stick wide open on startup.

There are a lot of garbage rebuilds out there so I will recommend one I have used and suggest some vendors on here may be able to do Ford pumps. http://www.conestogadiesel.com/products/ford.html (offhand I don't know that any vendor on here rebuilds pumps, but, may be able to get them new.)

Pump rebuilds are covered in the 6.2/6.5 manual to give you an idea.
http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/th...-repair-manual-6-2-l-and-6-5-l-diesels.25481/

Back