• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Has anybody bought from SSDIESEL SUPPLY?

doughboy18718

Diesel Retard!
Reaction score
Somebody tell me about SSDIESEL SUPPLY please. They have what appears to be decent items on the 'bay, at what I consider decent prices, but how is the quality? Is it worth it? I've heard Heath Diesel is the best, but I can't find a website for them. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Walt has some good parts, IMO the best ... such as a stainless exhaust and x-over. His intake is crap, his PMD relocation kit is crap, and his ECM is nothing more than a Westers ECM that is restickered with the SSdiesel kit. His cooling upgrade is *ok*, not the best, but respectable. He wont answer the phone, only talk via email and *maybe* call you if he has to. Heath picks up the phone.

Walt is a nice enough guy. But if you want to deal with the pros - go to kennedydiesel.com (John Kennedy) or, as mentioned above, Heath. Both of them REALLY know their stuff when it comes to 6.5's and won't steer you wrong. If you're in Canada and want a reflash, you might be best served to go to Wester's.

Ah, Steaksause gets another well deserved mention.

Yes, he's bad news.

He gets mentioned every so often, 'cause he's still sitting out there in the weeds, ripping people off. Every so often, he gets another one...

Here's a guy at the 'Place who recently bought his famous (infamous?) Firewall-mounted-home-made-crap-PMD-thingy' and was looking into the Adjustable boost and fuel controllers...

PT Barnum was right.

Bought my stainless exhaust system from them. Couldn't find stainless anywhere else. Good price with quick shipping. No problems getting pipe that UPS crushed replaced.

As long as you are NOT from Canada, SSDiesel has some good stuff at fair prices (keeping in mind the comments above).

If you're in Canada, don't even think about it, because they ONLY ship through UPS, and it will likely cost you 2/3 of the item retail to get it across the border. And UPS won't even tell you why... Walt will blame it on the Canadian Government, and you and I know that he's lying his arse off.

Walt is ok for some stuff. He carries alot of stuff no one else does but as was said. Low customer service and his PMD isolater is no good unless you move it out of the engine bay which he will tell you not to. Jim your not a mod over at the place anymore ? What finally broke you ?

i've bought from both heath and ssdiesel. i'd go with heath diesel any day of the week. i've had Bill call me to confirm things, and also go out of his way for me(free ECM upgrade form the HP4 to the GL4) upgrade shipping at no cost to me. I've called Bill for advice repeatedly and he's never steered me wrong yet. Without a doubt the best customer service i've ever seen hands down. The are also the best in the business, again hands down.

Not to knock Walt at SSdiesel but Heath's customer service and products are better. Heath also tests and use what they sell on a daily basis.

I've purchased from SS Diesel and Heath and looked at Kennedy. My problem with SS is their solution to the stock PMD. Everything else flows from there. There's also a certain propriety mentality to common mods that leaves me cold and it's not much different with Kennedy. His packaging is rather inflexible and I see more opinion than anything.

Heath, on the other hand, continues to find solutions to a drivetrain package that GM never committed to and has clearly abandoned, producing innovations that will likely keep this drivetrain package viable beyond our years.

Who do you want to support?

I prefer to support those who support me....

Heath Diesel all the way....

You won't see Bill on here bashing other vendors like some of them do...

Thanks Guys!!!! I am learning so much here about the 6.5's and how to go about doing the right things the right way to them.

You guys are awesome, and so is this site!!!

I have bought several 6.5 parts from Bill Heath and his customer service and products are outstanding. He is extremely helpfull and always willing to offer sound logical advice.

I do like the Duramax fan kit from SS Diesel. IMO the best product they sell.

In general though Kennedy and Heath have better solutions.

All three vendors have treated me well so far. But it is the quality of merchandise that sets them apart.

afthours owner

Somebody tell me about SSDIESEL SUPPLY please. They have what appears to be decent items on the 'bay, at what I consider decent prices, but how is the quality? Is it worth it? I've heard Heath Diesel is the best, but I can't find a website for them. Any help is greatly appreciated!

i have bought engines from him and due to large amount of moneys it was a little uneasy at first due to you really don't know who you are buying from but let say due to a employee (my wife) that payed the invoice twice Walt called me and returned the money i might not of seen it for a month or two , but his honesty i will stand by and i will keep buying his products as for a business man with honor is hard to find today..ps great exhast systems too..

you brought up a five year old thread to say that? I am going out on a limb guessing you are doing to QC for them.

Back