• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Got my prize!

razur65

Reaction score
Picked up off Craig's List, David Brown 990, a little rough on the eyes but runs and drives. Far as I can tell everything works so far. Changed all the fluids and filters, fixing broken bolt on front axle, gotta remake tie rod shorter. Picked up for less than half average price on Tractorhouse or Fastline.
Picked this up Friday afternoon, went to an auction on Saturday and picked up two rear tires for a dollar apiece! Was on a roll that weekend!
David brown 990 04282018.jpg

I like that tractor.
a ranch/farm about 20 miles to the west had a David Brown setting there, looked like a mate to that one.
What engine do they run in those tractors ?

This one has 4 cylinder diesel, 195 cubic inch, rated about 55HP. Tractor was made in England when Case owned the David Brown company.
We had a 1412 on the farm when I was a kid, 6 cylinder with a turbo. It was the only tractor my dad bought new from a dealer.

Do not see a lot of the David Brown tractors in these parts, mostly old IH and JDs, not too many Ford tractors too but a few.
I had never seen a David Brown tractor before until I seen that one setting along the interstate west of town.

Do not see a lot of the David Brown tractors in these parts, mostly old IH and JDs, not too many Ford tractors too but a few.
I had never seen a David Brown tractor before until I seen that one setting along the interstate west of town.

Care taker (RB) on our farm years ago had a 2 wheel drive David Brown, Diesel, 12 Speed. Man I am slipping in my old age, I can't remember what model it was, I think a 1200 series.

I always loved using that tractor, putting rolls of hay up, it was strong and it had real good brakes. I had it on some pretty steep terrain, with those hay rolls you could lift the front end off the ground under certain circumstances.

I recall one instance that I almost wiped out the man (RB) that owned the David Brown. We were rolling hay, I was using the David Brown to haul the rolls to the barn. RB is on our 650 Case Tractor pulling the hay roller (Bailer) since it had hydraulics on it. I was up on the ridge trying to run the rear forks up under a roll and I was a little off center, the forks bump the roll it starts rolling down the hill, here comes RB with the Case and roller down below, a sure collision with the run away hay roll. Luckily he is paying attention to what's happening and I am screaming at him at the same time, he stops before the roll of hay wipes him out.

Oh yea, we still have that 60's model 650 Case Tractor (Gas Engine) if anyone collects old tractors. Its been parked for a few years in the old Chicken House.

Back