• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Got a used popup camper yesterday.

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
Well the plan was to build my own popup, but the wife wants to camp now! :hihi:

Had my eye on Craigslist and other online sources. This one poped up (no pun) in Grand Prarie about a 5 hour drive from here. There are not many at all of the camper popup's in this area??
Its a 1996 Jayco 9 1/2' Sportster. Has fridge, heater, stove, sink, queen bed, table that converts to a bed, a/c and most important to my wife a shower and toilet.
I got there to pick it up and right off the bat we had trouble. The guy was showing me around and went to lower the top, the crank kept coming off and would not let the top down. I dug into the winch and we discovered a plastic zip lock bag had jamed up the thing. It took hours to get that sorted and get the camper loaded on the truck. It all works great now, seems to be in soilid condition.

Enjoy the pic's

At a rest stop, relized this may be the last time I see the truck like this for awhile.
DSCF1567.jpg
DSCF1575.jpg
DSCF1573.jpg
DSCF1578.jpg
DSCF1580.jpg
DSCF1584.jpg
DSCF1586.jpg
DSCF1574.jpg
DSCF1587.jpg

Safely back home
DSCF1589.jpg
DSCF1588.jpg
DSCF1590.jpg

Good pictures Leroy! Looks like a nice find.

Thanks. I'll get pics of the inside next time I have it poped up.

One of the first trips we want to take is the McDonald observitory in west Tx. I'll be sure to take pictures.

I was up your way to get this one. Im going to practice camping in the driveway soon to give it a good shake down.

Thanks. Only thing Ive done to the camper is throw a tarp over it to keep some UV off it. That and started alot of work on the truck to prep for some camping outings.

I was up your way to get this one. Im going to practice camping in the driveway soon to give it a good shake down.

Yeah, wish I was that smart... Wifey wanted a lil camper so what she had me tow home was a 1966 Shasta 15' (pronounced old @%% hunk of aluminum). We tried it out the other week on a 550 mile run. Towed great, master bed support broke night #1, # 3, and #4 when I finally made it not collapsible into a couch for the rest of the trip. Wiring went from working fine to a set of harbor freight magnetic tow lights. All good though and family was happy. Lesson learned camp in driveway 1st.

I tested all the systems on my camper after bringing it home... And on the first trip the furnace wouldn't work. Wasn't super cold so I managed.

... master bed support broke night #1, # 3, and #4 when I finally made it not collapsible into a couch for the rest of the trip...

Will, you braggin' again? :hihi:

Uh ... wow. That would be a NO. 2 kids 6 feet away. I have to watch what I say around here- I forgt that from time to time.

Hard to type while chuckling.

Back