• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GMT 400 rag joint replacement

Twisted Steel Performance

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
Reaction score
I now offer a quality replacement for the weak steering rag joint in the GMT400 trucks. This is a simple bolt in replacement item and requires on modifications to install. This is available for all models.

Theses eliminate the slop in your steering and replaces the crappy rag joint also cleans up the ugly looks of the 88-94 joints

Sure, you can build your own for cheap! But these are for the guys who simply don't have the time, tools and or know how.. The shafts are direct replacement, nicely tig welded (joints are taken apart from welding heat ruining the joints) and the joints are rebuild able! My double shafts for the 88-94 still use the arched spring in the slip for tight fitment!

Shaft are the same for
88-94 1500, 2500 and 3500
Also 95-00 1500, 2500 and 3500

Also make even longer shafts for the body lift guys to eliminate the spacer!

Single lower shaft 130.00$ shipped
Double shaft 230.00$ shipped

Canadian orders will require a extra 15.00$ US added due to extra shipping cost.

Currently making per order!!

Contact me via PM or on my facebook page to order.

001.JPG
002.JPG
steering shaft 2.jpg
steering shaft 3.jpg
steering shaft 4.jpg

Wait a second! Is this the same set screw on a hollow shaft bad design the Borgeson Shaft has? You know the design that can collapse the shaft under the set screw and work it's way clean off the steering wheel side of things? Have you better install instructions like welding the shaft solid so it can't collapse from the set screws? GM uses a bolt clean through the hollow shaft for a reason... I check the Borgeson every oil change to make sure the SOB hasn't F%^& up again in it's attempts to kill me from loss of steering. I am not alone as others (including Dodge owners) also have the same problem.

Again I am curious that you/supplier have solved this aftermarket design defect and hope this is merely a rant.

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/th...essful-attempts-to-kill-me.46233/#post-536420

Back