• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

~~~GM Recalls 06-09 Vehicles~~~

Hummmm, I think my dad's truck is on that list. He's had an issue with the washer/wiper, twice now it has randomly pumped all of the fluid out while driving down the road. Once unexpectedly, once while the wipers were operating.

Its for the heated windshield fluid, theres a module that I guess in rare cases an cause a fire, the company that provided them to GM went under, instead of GM providing satisfactory customer service there going to tell you to get bent give you $100 and permanently disable your heated washer fluid, leaving you a button with no function. I'm struggling to figure out how they figure $100 is a fair figure for anyone of these $40,000+ vehicles. I do suspect the recall notice postcard will be very generic in verbage and say that there is an electrical system problem involving the heated windshield fluid, people will willingly take there vehicles in to get fixed and instead, just get jyped and there going to have some angry customers once they find out that just happend.

The Company that Made / Designed the Heater is no longer in Business, so that's why they are just Giving People the $100 and Sending them on their way. Because there is no Fix for it, other than to Disable it.

The Company that Made / Designed the Heater is no longer in Business, so that's why they are just Giving People the $100 and Sending them on their way. Because there is no Fix for it, other than to Disable it.

It sucks for GM, but thats not a solution that will make the 1.5 million customers affected by this happy. Like I said on another forum, I dont think anyone with heated seats or any other option would be happy with a $100 exchange.

It sucks for GM, but thats not a solution that will make the 1.5 million customers affected by this happy. Like I said on another forum, I dont think anyone with heated seats or any other option would be happy with a $100 exchange.

If there is absolutely no Fix for it, like in this Situation, if the Item was an Option you were Charged for, you should get a Check Cut for that Amount.

If it wasn't an Option you were Charged for, the Check Amount should be for how much it would Cost to Replace the Part "Out of Warranty".

I'd be Happy with that.

They replaced the wiring harness last time on the wife's Tahoe. Now they say they're just going to disable it permanently because the other fix was nfg. Well I'm thinkin' WTF and BS! $100 isn't enough especially since they are supported by the taxpayers.

If there is absolutely no Fix for it, like in this Situation, if the Item was an Option you were Charged for, you should get a Check Cut for that Amount.

If it wasn't an Option you were Charged for, the Check Amount should be for how much it would Cost to Replace the Part "Out of Warranty".

I'd be Happy with that.

Hard for me to beleive theres no company in the world that can make this module right, so GM can do the right fix, and keep its customers satisfied. GM isn't the only brand to offer this, and besides $100 doesnt cover the cost of the option.

Back