• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gm 5.3l LC9

Trucker2k16

Reaction score
Hey fellas I need a little bit of info I have a 2010 Tahoe it has the LC9 5.3 L Aluminum block aluminum heads I'm trying to find out if this image that I got from Summit Racing is the correct one for the torque specs on these heads and it seems to be the same as the cast iron block and I I think that is a bit much for an aluminum block or is that correctScreenshot_20211207-102320.png

Best to measure the diameter of the bolts that was removed from the engine to get the proper spec.
A caliper that measures both metric and US Standard isnt too much money and about every parts store in the country has at least one in their parts bin.
Once You have one of those calipers You’ll wonder how You survived all these years without it.
This is the simple caliper, no dials or fancy stuff. Just a scale on the side to read the increments. Maybe about 15 or 20 bucks.

Back