• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Glow Plug Controller

Jonesdnl

Reaction score
I have a 1993 Safari Motorhome with a 6.5 turbo diesel. It is a rear engine pusher. I need help figuring out a glow plug controller issue. The controller is brand new. I have 12 volts to the battery side of the controller but no voltage to the glow plug side. There are 4 wires on top. With the key on the pink wire is hot but still no power to glow plugs. Any help would be appreciate. The oil pressure switch and the lift pump are new so not part of the problem. I have a new ignition switch but if pink wire is activated with key on it appears to be good. Would any of the other 4 wires be activated with the ignition?

Glagulator answered your question in the other forum.
I am not sure if you see it yet.

Also, you need to make sure that all the replacement part are ACDelco or branded as such.
Check RockAuto for ACDelco parts, if available from there, to check the part no.
Challenge with Motorhome is that you don't really know which part are installed, in other words, it can be a 93 but the part can come from a 92 model year with completely different design.

The relay runs four wires. One hot and one ground, another one will be a signal wire to tell the glow plugs to turn on and another one runs to the GPs.

If there is not a good ground then the signal to the GPs is lost and will not activate the relay.
Figure out which wire is ground and trace it down and clean to bright and shiny the grounding wires terminal and the surfaces it grounds to.

Back