• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Getting 35s under your 4" kit(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter

Reaction score
Howdy Nick!

You helped me some time back in purchasing one of your 4" kits for my truck. I ordered the full platinum package non torsion bar drop with 2.5" rear blocks, plus some sulastic shackles and I can't remember....maybe one or two adittional steering upgrades. I LOVE IT still! Looks and works great.

I am curious, however, as to how exactly adding the upper A-arms and leveling keys will help squeeze 35's under the truck? Are there any other advantages to doing this upgrade besides the extra clearance? Any disadvantages? Do I have to buy different rear blocks to maintain the level stance?

In your opinion, is there any other way to get 35's under this truck with that lift? What tire/wheel combinations are you referring to specifically? Any special backspacing to consider? What about just some cutout fender flares.

The whole reason I ask all this is purely cosmetic. I love the truck as it is and would prefer NOT to go bigger. However, it seems the 33's look almost small sitting in the wheel wells (especially the rear and especially after they've worn a bit). I can see how the A Arms would help the front, but it almost seems a 35 would fit under the rear right now.

Oh...I also run tire chains sometimes, but can't even get those on the front without tearing up stuff.

Thanks!!!

Great to hear things are going good on your truck and package we set you up with. I have been doing alot of Cognito 4" packages and 35" set at 4", 2 main points to make this work is one wheel spec, 9" wide with a 5" backspace is what I have really liked using. From there a fender mod will make room for 35"s. I can give you a link to check out the step by step fender mod we do.

Here is one we did, walk around video >> [video=youtube;lVuDf1AySk8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVuDf1AySk8&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

Yeah...that link would be most helpful. I totally figured you would say there's no good easy way to keep the truck at 4" and squeeze 35s under it. Glad I asked!

Yup...was able to access it. Thanks a ton. That looks basically like what a Bushwacker cut out fender flare install will do. I think I'll try that and see. May be a few weeks, but I'll try and post how it went afterwards.

Got the Bushwacker fender flares installed and the new 35's on the truck. So far, I've only heard one instance of a little rubbing, but that was against my loose corner piece of a POS plastic bumper chevy puts on there and at full turn/full compression (ie...no rubbing in the rear of the fender area. I'll just cut some more of that plastic bumper corner off. Just thought you might like to know, the fender flares get all that sheet metal out of the way, too. Thanks for all your insight. I gotta figure out how to post pics, and I'll put a quick little thread in the appropriate forum. Just want to wait and fully test it offroad still too. Thanks Nick!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back