• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gas in LMM

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just to let you know, it doesn't sound good. :D

Dad has a mishap last night and decided to top off his LMM with SUPREME fuel. Well, I've been draining and all that good stuff all day. It runs like a top now.. But, talk about the clatter and knocking when you fire it back up.:eek:

Doesn't sound like any fun. Glad you got Dad all fixed and everything still works.

That sucks. Did he try to drive it home from the gas station or have it towed? Might want to throw some 2 cycle oil in to smooth things out a bit.

He was less than a mile from home and didn't realize he done it until it already started missing. So he's home by this time.

So I did everything in the driveway. I did add some 2 cycle oil to it. I'm going to get him to run it for the next two tanks to help clean things out.

It can happen to the best. That has been one of my biggest fears, is pulling up to the pumps and pumping the truck full of gasoline. I hope everything is ok with his truck.

That sucks...

My biggest problem is I fill up with the Dyed diesel purely by accident (no sarcasm) sometimes when at an new to me station. I try to play it cool in those moments and slip the nossle into the farm tank w/o being seen. Truck has alot of idle time on those tanks.

Good thing I fill up at large truck stops in the truck bays usually where there aren't any gas pumps around for me to mess up with.

Back