• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gail Banks

Will L.

Reaction score
I feel like we should have a thread- everything Gale Banks.

Funny thing is, in person he is more fun to be with than you can imagine, he doesn’t put up with nonsense (bs) from anyone. And with his psyco level of knowledge, he still listens open minded to any and all ideas. Problem is when you think you have a new concept, he goes
“Oh yeah, thats a good one. I think it was 1979 we first tried that and found out...”

THEFERMANATOR

FRANKENBURBAN
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Mark at Danville did all these same tests years ago. He was the one that proved stock bottom ends could hold 700hp with his tuning because he includes cylinder pressure monitoring in his tuning.

The one thing that really urks me about him is calling others and there numbers jackassery. Several have pushed 650+ to the wheels on bone stock L5P's with tuning, intake, exhaust, and lift pump. No, it's not ideal, yes it's out of it's map, but they're pushing close to 200hp more than he is pushing.

Last edited:

FellowTraveler

Reaction score

I found this pretty interesting. I have never put much thought into the way the diff covers are made.
Yep, and the ones making most aftermarket ones didn't put much thought into how they were redirecting the lube.........I'm guilty of buying one that he exposed as a bad design it has a dip stick and temp gauge port.......