• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FYI on Engine Bay Fuse Box

SlowBoat

Reaction score
In preparation for the install of my new P T Wiring Solutions battery cable upgrade, I discovered something that I've overlooked for a couple of years.

The battery cable upgrade has a new lead going to the fuse box connection on the left rear horizontal 'stud'. This is something that I've checked for tightness before and today it was indeed still tight. But, when I was removing that 10mm nut, it didn't break loose, the 'stud' wanted to turn along with the two wires pinched behind it. I pulled the complete box loose from the base and inspected it closer to see what was going on. That stud has a centered hex and the two wires were indeed held tight between that and the 10mm nut. but the 'stud' was loose in the mounting plate. I was able to eventually break them apart without twisting the rings off the wires.

I believe that this could be a source for some possible gremlins. There was green corrosion between the 'stud' and mount. It wasn't an obvious thing and it will be addressed on my other trucks.

Pics for illustrationIMG_0938.JPGIMG_0939.JPGIMG_0942.JPGIMG_0941.JPG

Back