• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel supply line upgrade??

dieselkidd04

Reaction score
Good morning, testing the waters here to see if anyone on here has possibly upgraded their fuel supply/return lines from tank to engine from the oem hard lines to possibly SS braided or nylon flexible fuel line. I noticed the other day when i was replacing my brake lines (rusted through). 😀 that my fuel lines are also in bad shape where they go up near the oil filter housing. I have been through this on my previous truck and im tired of changing lines. Would prefer to not pay GM almost $400 for the oem fuel lines, it would be nice if there was a kit available with all needed fittings/ adapters. Any help is appreciated.

I know that a couple of people have posted about the preferred suppliers and specific tube to use. I`ll let them chime in about that.
One mod I think I`d go for if it was My truck is the feed the beast kit from Leroy Diesel or from Quadstar tuning.
Oh wait, I see Your truck is much to new for the FTB kit. LOL

I do nylon lines from SUR&R all the time on the duramaxs. Roll of 1/2 and 3/8 line. 4 fitting and your good to go. I drop the tank and hook the lines up. Then put the tank back up and pull the line up into the engine bay. I run them down driver frame rail and run them over the steering shaft to the supply and return fitting on the engine. That way they dont kink tring to make a tight bend. I get everything from napa. A good part guy will get you everything you need.

Not sure but i think if i can tuck it up by the frame id be ok. Also at this point im considering a lift pump setup inline there since im going to be running fuel lines anyway. I will just need to track down the fittings i need and get some hose, thanks for the help so far guys.

No protection needed since it's up in the frame rail. EVERY duramax needs a lift pump. Horrible design flaw on that platform. You could get a FASS or Airdog that will replace the supply side. Then run the return with nylon. Thats a popular opinion I do for customers.

That's not uncommon. Hell I've seen plenty of stock CP4 trucks with over 300k. But if you ever stick a clear hose on the supply side of a duramax and watch it under a hard acceleration. You'd be amazed at the aeration you'll see in the fuel. That's due to it being under a vacuum. A lift pump eliminates that issue.

Not arguing the point about a lift pump, and on occasion I've considered it, but even though I don't baby it at all, P087s are very rare.

The cp3 is alot more resistant. And typically I dont see alot of fuel system issues on the lly/lbz trucks. I'd probably keep the system stock until I had to injectors or fuel lines on it, THANKS OHIO! If it was an lml it's getting a lift pump on day one of owning it.

Back