• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel Hose replace

btfarm

America First!
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I need to replace the fuel hoses under the hood finally at my next maint cycle. Size (I figure they are 3/8" ID)? And how many feet do I need? Is any Bio diesel compatible brand better than any other?

Thanks

Not sure on LBZ, but my LB7 is 1/2" and 5/16" ID lines. I like diesel rated nylon cored hose myself. It doesn't collapse as easily, but unfortunately it doesn't bend well.

Last edited:
I replaced the 2 hoses to and from the filter and installed a new filter today. I used 1/2 id bio diesel grade hose from NAPA. Hard to believe that little bit of hose and a new filter could make a huge difference but I seemto have gained a significant amount of giddy up.
On edit : I hammered it hard up through the gears this morning in T/H mode and before that was a sure way to throw a low fuel rail code. But not today...

Last edited:
Well so much for that. Threw a rail pressure code when I hammered it on I80 at 75 or so and at a tick under 3000 RPMs. Guess I'll have to get to the other hose to the pump.

Does the hose from NAPA have a thin layer of different rubber as an inner-liner?
Is 1/2 inch the OEM fuel hose size?
What was the length for that replacement?

@btfarm

Did you have a list of supplies and part numbers needed so a guy knew what to buy to do the job?

I really need to add a lift pump, but new hoses would definitely be good until then.

Also, what does one do on the crimped connections? cut the crimp and use hose clamps going back together?

You need the Lisle tool to disconnect the 2 hoses.
Nor surw on the spelling there, but it slides into the quick disconnect hoses so you can separate the hoses.

Back