• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

fuel cooler

tammlyn

Reaction score
hi guys i'm not sure if this is the proper forum section,i need a new fuel cooler but its over $400.00 dollars there is a rad shop that tells me they replace them with an oil cooler $80.00 has anybody tried this ,i also want to replace the fuel lines they are in one piece also $400.00 has anybody replaced them with hi end rubber lines witch would be $100.00,this rubber hose is 100 psi working pressure 900 psi burst any comments would be appreciated,i also need an abs module and pump $2000.00,has anybody tried a used one from a scrap yard thanks mike

Use a B&M supercooler for the fuel cooler. Just measure yours and buy a B&M of the same size. For fuel line I used a nylon fuel line with a cotton shielding made just for diesel. Make sure the fuel line is diesel rated, and bio diesel rated would be a good idea as some areas blend bio into regular diesel at teh pumps. As for the ABS, why do you think it needs a new assembly? You rarely hear of one failing.

I'd sure check and clean all the ABS sensors before going any further.

Sent from my SCH-I535

re cooler

I'd sure check and clean all the ABS sensors before going any further.

Sent from my SCH-I535

so your using an oil cooler,thanks,the abs module is melted,batteries went dead,were we are the salt is bad and i am told its fairly common the abs pump keeps running after you shut the truck off,i didn't hear it so it melted the plug and module thanks mike

Back