• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Frame Specs

Bullseye240

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Been away for a while but found my way back. Got stationed overseas and left my Blazer back at my moms while I'm here. Anyway on to my question, I'm looking for the frame specs for 88-98 GM/Chevy trucks, 1500-3500, std, extended, four door, short and long bed trucks. Something like this: http://chuckschevytruckpages.com/framespecs.html I've searched all over and can't find anything. Anybody have access to a frame shop manual they could scan of maybe already have a pdf? Just working on an idea of something to build when I get back to the states and I have a couple of years to plan it out.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

how soon do you need the info?
I do have the GM body builders manuals from 1990-1998, might have more years, no newer than GMT400.
Wont be home for a week or so, and wont get my scanner/ copier/printer till after Christmas.

If you need it now, the GM upfitter site only goes back to 1999, but if 2500 8600 GVWR, 3500, and C3500HD info will do, then the site should help. make sure to click light duty prior to 06 to get the 00 and 99 info: http://www.gmupfitter.com/body_builder_manuals.html

good luck!

No big rush, as I have two years before I get back to the states to even start this project. Just want to plan out some things. GM Guy if you have the specs for the GMT 400 and the 73-87 trucks that would help a bunch. Looking for all wheel bases and cab configurations if possible.
Fast Johnny, I take any help I can get. So thanks in advance.

Jim

just GMT400, AFAIK. I need to look at the early manuals I have to see for sure. IDK even what years I have, so I will get back to you on what I do and dont have for coverage.

Can you post up a numbered list of what measurements are we looking for exactly, and from which Body style? that away we can get the simple stuff out of the way.

just remembered I kept records on the purchase. I checked my e-mail saved messages, and I have 1991-1998 GM Body Builders manuals. So the 1991 manual is the only chance of having 73-87 body style measurements.

GM Guy, you rock! That should have what I need for what I'm thinking about. I just looking for things such as length, width and the heights of the frames. I have some ideas and this info will help me decide which way to go with it.

Jim

so GMT 400 frames, or are we still looking for 73-87 info?

and if it is GMT400, do we need pickup, chassis cab, or SUV?

Looking for the pickup, chassis cab has different frame. Also could use the 73-87 if you have them or the 88-92 1 ton should be close enough. Thanks again.

Jim

OK, so GMT 400 non-chassis cab pickup frame specs. and 1991 R/V3500 pickup measurements. check! will try and get back to you sometime during winter break! (will 14 Megapixel shots do, or is scanning preferred?

I have a 1996 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. It is 4 wheel drive extended cab. My son crashed it and now the frame is bent. What other years or makes will interchange for a frame swap? I tried chatting with Chevrolet but they were no help.

Back