• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fluidampr

The difference between the two is a spacer in place of a reluctor, your motor will have a reluctor for the ds pump already installed, so either ds or db fluiddampr will work, if you get the one with a spacer ya just don't use it.....

Is it the 800141 for DS4 fueled engines?

Second, does the same damper work if I eventually switch to DB2?
Yes.
The reluctor wheel goes on first then the fluid dampener sandwiched that between the timing sprocket and the dampener.
When switching to a DB2 system then it is to My understanding that the reluctor wheel gets removed.
I dont know that for sure, I just stayed under the awning of the Holiday Inn Express for a night. Couldnt afford the room. 😖😵‍💫😹😹😹

The difference between the two is a spacer in place of a reluctor, your motor will have a reluctor for the ds pump already installed, so either ds or db fluiddampr will work, if you get the one with a spacer ya just don't use it.....
Came across my spacer a while ago and wondered why the heck I still had it around after almost 10 years. Tossed.

Back