• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Flowmaster big block vs. Magnaflow for 6.0L gasser?

dka99burb

Reaction score
Ok. Has anyone heard a Flowmaster and a Magnaflow on 6.0L gassers? The large oval, dual-in, single-out (big block) mufflers are almost equal in price. I don't want loud our drone since will likely tow long distance with family. But, I do want it to sound better. Comments?

You can buy JONES BROTHERS mufflers which are direct copies of these for about half what the name brands cost. As far as sound, I would look into the larger MAGNAFLOW mufflers if you don't want drone. The FLOWMASTER is going to have that raspy sort of cackle that a chambered muffler has whereas the MAGNAFLOW will have the deeper open sound to it.

I've had both on decent hp smallblocks. Flowmasters sound is unmistakable and I grew to like it but the Magnaflows are definately a mellower and more rumbling sound. Never heard of the Jones ones but I'll take Ferman's word on 'em.

I've had both on decent hp smallblocks. Flowmasters sound is unmistakable and I grew to like it but the Magnaflows are definately a mellower and more rumbling sound. Never heard of the Jones ones but I'll take Ferman's word on 'em.

The JONES are aftermarket copies of FLOWMASTERS and MAGNAFLOWS. It is what I put on Nicks challenger here awhile back, and also the CORVETTE I did. they are built almost identical to the name brands, but for less than half the cost since they don't have thousands of dollars spent on advertising. Here was the CORVETTE I did with the magnaflow clones by JONES BROTHERS. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N82yfZu6jvc

Sounds good. Doesn't QUITE have the Flowmaster whistle (or whatever you want to call it). More like the Magnaflows.

Sounds good. Doesn't QUITE have the Flowmaster whistle (or whatever you want to call it). More like the Magnaflows.

Yep, they are near exact MAGNAFLOW copies. other than not having MAGNAFLOW embossed in them, I dare somebody to tell them apart. They are even made of stainless just like MAGNAFLOW's. http://www.jonesexhaust.com/index.cfm The MF are MAGNAFLOW copies, and the F are flowmaster copies.

Imo, flow master is over rated. Magnaflow is the way to go.

Now if the Jones is a good copy I'd go for that.

Source Unknown

Doesn't the Magnaflow dual in/out have a built in x pipe ?

Yes some models do have a built in x for the dual in/dual out. Also the longer the muffler the quieter it is.

The single in single out 3" is what you want.

My truck has duals running down the passenger side until the muffler. The muffler is a dual to single. I was thinking of going the same way with the replacement/upgrade.

Back