• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Flo Pro Exhaust

NVW

Reaction score
I recently purchased the 4" Flo Pro Exh. for my 98. It is quieter than the Hearthrob on my 95, which I like. It was harder to install, hanger on the tail pipe was cheap and in the wrong spot. The tail pipe took some tweaking, it wasn't bent quite right. It could have been bent a bit more to the frame rail. The spare had to be shifted to the drivers side. It came with hangers but I cut the old hangers off and reused them, they have the little knob on the end to keep them from coming out of the rubber isolators.
IMG_0894.JPG IMG_0895.JPG IMG_0896.JPG IMG_0897.JPG IMG_0899.JPG IMG_0900.JPG
Now that it is on I like it, install wasn't so friendly.

Before

After
It was much warmer which may make a difference on this run

Looking back, in all fairness. When I got the Hearttrob exh, it came with the same type of hangers. I didn't try to use them, I went right to reusing the original hangers. I wasn't as lazy then.

Oh, this exh was from Leroy Diesel, the best price I could find.

Nice install, I have the Hearthrob SS system which is welded at all connectors and now that it had held sea water or a few weeks I suspect it will need replacement sooner than later....unless the un-burnt diesel coating inside protected it.

Reactions: NVW
I haven't had the chance to work with a FloPro yet. I had a lot of reports though that the install went smoothly. You must have gotten one built on Friday? ;)

Thanks Leo

I haven't had the chance to work with a FloPro yet. I had a lot of reports though that the install went smoothly. You must have gotten one built on Friday? ;)

Thanks Leo
The band clamps are nice but don't hold it together like one pipe inside the other. It wasn't hard, I just had more trouble than the other.

Thank you Leroy

Back