• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Flex Plate Turning Tool

Wreckinball67

Reaction score
Greetings,
Does anyone know of flex plate turning tool for the 6.5 diesel? All I get on a Google search is small block GM stuff. Also, is there a "holding tool " for the same engine, got the big nuthin on that as well.

The same tool will do 6.5, as small & big block gm, ford, dodge, etc.

The same tool will allow you to hold it while tightening or loosening tc bolts, pulley bolts, etc.

I use the old school lisle with the tension spring.

The 6.5 isn’t like newer diesels that have a spot for the rounded gear tool that you crank with a ratchet.

Thanks Will L. I will give it a go. I'm trying to chase down a vibration. I have just installed a factory new GEP motor. I have replaced most everything and I have a pretty decent vibration. I have already checked for air in the fuel, and fuel flow each seem fine. Thought I would disconnect the transmission and see if that changes anything. Any thoughts where to go afterwards?

On the vibration- did it only start with thr new engine?
If so- make sure harmonic balancer is on keyway correctly. Is it a new balancer?

Many people put on the flexplate backwards usually makes a rubbing, not always.

Verify that injection timing is correct. Both cylinder firing order and actual timing.

If you post video on YouTube the out a link here, that can help us help you on it.

Yes, the vibration is only with the new engine. Timing and actual timing is set. I did install a new Fluidampr (electronic). I also installed a new crank pulley (original GM). I will check damper and injection timing. Thank you

I did check flow from the FFM with a clear tubing. It had good flow and no apparent air. Also, I opened the "T" valve and it had good flow.

The 1/4” diameter line about 5” long that is an upside down ‘U’ shape. This is the place to install clear line first to check for air according to Stanandyne and GM.

Ok, I installed the clear tubing and ran the engine. Fuel was clear and no bubbles present while running and I still have the vibration. Once I shut it down, I rechecked the tubing and see a bubble about the size of a baby aspirin.🤔

Ok, I installed the clear tubing and ran the engine. Fuel was clear and no bubbles present while running and I still have the vibration. Once I shut it down, I rechecked the tubing and see a bubble about the size of a baby aspirin.🤔
That bubble with engine shut down is okay. it is the foamy looking stuff with engine running that causes problems.
With the clear tube installed, You are one step ahead of diagnosing future fuel system problems. Good idea to install a fuel pressure gauge to monitor the lift pump too.

OOOOOH, NOOOOooooo.
Things like that does happen, :banghead: well, nice thing about now is all the dirt, grime and grease is been buffed off so its a lot cleaner now, not near so much crap in the eyes.

Back