• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

First tow report for the LML

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Pulled my first heavy load with the LML last night. Drove about 100 miles round trip.. truck handled it like it a dream. The factory brake box allowed me to stop on a dime.

You know you have a heavy load when you're going up hill, mash the pedal , and your don't go anywhere.. :D

581296_565057061027_2009043901_n.jpg

That's a 32 ft Goose with dual tandem 10K each axles.. hydraulic ramp. HEAVVY

Last edited by a moderator:
GMC on the trailer? Breakdown?

What would you estimate the GCVW to be?

No, just in case you break.. you carry it on a trailer...

Trailer, about 7K I would say. Truck was 8500 with the weights on it (which is in the bed when hauling). Plus coolers, I'm almost afraid to say what it would be combined.

Nice!

I know what you mean about mashing the pedal. Had my truck loaded HEAVY with concrete and my horse trailer full of lumber once, started up the Lewiston grade, mashed the pedal. First and only time my truck said excuse me???? She did sound pretty mean rumbling at 3500ish rpm's doing about 25-30mph.

My truck would have issues with the trailer. :mad2:

Maybe I am expecting to much out of my truck. :skep:

Jeff,

Do you regret going diesel? When I say regret, I mean the $11,000 premium for it? How is the mileage? Is the SCR gone?I want an HD for my next truck, not sure about the DMAX? Will depend on what is out there when I buy.

Nice!

I know what you mean about mashing the pedal. Had my truck loaded HEAVY with concrete and my horse trailer full of lumber once, started up the Lewiston grade, mashed the pedal. First and only time my truck said excuse me???? She did sound pretty mean rumbling at 3500ish rpm's doing about 25-30mph.

once, and only once, did the big block at work do the same. I dont think it, nor yours, said excuse me? it was more like, that sonofabitch is gonna have to try harder than that! :) had a big sunflower double offset folding disc on behind, made it look like a half ton with a load of rock in the bed, squatted her down bad, even permanently bent the bumper down. on the one hill she was WOT in second on the TH400, and she wasnt gaining, but she wasnt letting go either. a BBC at WOT is a pleasant sound. :D

on a side note, nice haul jeff! I cant say anyone is suprised it kicked ass though, thats the superior powertrain at work!

who's puller is that Jeff?

or do you have a new toy?

It's a buddy of mines truck Paul. 07.5 RC/LB LMM . Trans, 120%CP3, 60% Injectors, and a 68 Cheeta.

You know I would have to spill the beans..:D But, a RC/LB LMM or LBZ will be my next "toy".

Jeff,

Do you regret going diesel? When I say regret, I mean the $11,000 premium for it? How is the mileage? Is the SCR gone?I want an HD for my next truck, not sure about the DMAX? Will depend on what is out there when I buy.

Oh no, no regrets at at. I couldn't imagine a 6.0 gas motor in this truck, much less pulling a load like that. I really don't think it would have pulled some of the hills I was pulling.

And Will,

I was running stock tuning when pulling the load. So, yes, all emissions are still in tact..as for loaded mileage.. truck said 3.3 when pulling that big hill :D But I didn't calculate the mileage loaded, unloaded I'm seeing around 16 80/20 Highway/City.

Now, my steepest grade.. I don't know the percentage, but it was like a small mountain. PSI: 28 (WOT), 900EGT, and about 30 MPH (it was working to keep it there)

It never went over 950 degrees the whole trip.

And.. trans never got hotter than 160!

Last edited:
I just loved those king of the mountain tests. test 1, GM wins. Ford cries BS. Test two approved by ford. same results. :D The LML LOL's at your PSD! :D less power and torque? check. a tranny that can get it to the pavement more efficiently? check! IMO the Allison is why 397/765 can outpull 400/800. that damn torqshift doesnt even have a direct ratio in it.

I beleive in a lesser known test by one of the RV mags, they also took out the gassers, and the ford with the 6.2L and the same 6 speed direct gear-less Torqshift as the 6.7L PSD outgunned the 6.0L/6L90E on paper, but in the real world, the GM truck outpulled it.

enough of my anti-ford ramblings for the night, but on a side note, thinking back to those KOTM tests, what kind of grade were you on that it pulled that hard? I would think a pedal to the floor would give you one or two gears down, and let the LML snort out some power.

Cant beat a Dmax. Pull my 18k camper all over the country, avg 8.8 mpg at 74 mph pulling a brick lol. My only bitch is the lag in down shifting at times....

Another "you know you're pulling a heavy load" : Had a 5 ton dump trailer with 2' side extensions on it, hauling fresh cut, stacked wood, going thru the hills of southern indiana. On one hill I was cruising at 60mph, but took the cruise off because it started sprinkling.. Never let off the pedal as I watched my truck shift from 5th, to 4th, to 3rd, and than I let off waiting for it to shift into 2nd, which I don't think it did, but I slowed all the way down to 35-40mph... haha.

Back