• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

fault code

Going to put this in the Allison OEM section. :)

P0700 only means that there are trans codes stored in the TCM. Have someone with a code reader capable of reading codes from the TCM scan and report what they are here.

A Tech II is about the only way I know of to read 700 codes. A conventional off the shelf scanner won't read those.

Your gonna need a TECH 2, EFILIVE, HPTUNERS, or I believe the new style SNAP-ON scanners can also read the TCM. Basic OBD2 scanners can not read it, and since you have an 06 it must be a CAN based scanner as well.

yeh thanks guys it makes sense i noticed right away that the tranny was not shifthing properly,i cleared the code and i have put about 100km since with no problems and tranny is shifthing ok at this point i will keep an eye on it but i wont worry about to much as its not the first time that this truck has done some funny elec. problems,actualy my both trucks have done some funny elct.problems thanks

I had a few P0700 codes a couple of years ago in brutal (-25 to -30 F) weather when I had some gelling problems and when I was running without a winter front cover. That's when I learned to be REAL easy on the throttle in severe cold. After that lesson I have never seen those codes again.

the weather here has been wierd lately we have had drastic changes where we see a +2celcius to -35 in 24hrs and like i said i had some codes that made no sense,last year i had a shift unable and the truck wouldn't move i shutt if off restarded and no problem, the check engine light come on,i drove the truck with no problems after a fiew restarts the light went out i put the reader on there was no codes stored,so i shrolled throught my settings in my dash and my hour meter reset itself to 0 i had a new truck so do not trust the hour meter when youre bying a used truck thanks mike

Back