• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FASS T C10 150GPH Titanium Series Lift Pump Installation in an 07 GMC LBZ

Marauderer

Grumpy Old Cur***geon
Reaction score
I have ordered a FASS T C10 150G - 150GPH Titanium Series for 2006-10 GM 6.6L Duramax.

I looked at the Air Dog II 165 and The FASS Titanium 150 Lift Pumps and decided on the FASS because the water separator and the fuel filter on the Air Dog II is more proprietary than the FASS. The FASS can run several different water separators and fuel filters where the Air Dog II is very limited in filter selection.

The FASS should be at my place tomorrow and I will take some pics of what is in the box and do a build thread on the installation.

I have made my decision to go with the FASS and that is basically what this thread is about but, if you have found that i am in error in my referencing of the Air Dog II please speak up so we can all learn. I was all set to buy the Air Dog when my friend mentioned the replacement filter situation.

No they aren't cheap. The Air Dog II was about $90 more. But just the thought of making things easier on the CP3 and possibly extending its life has motivated me to pony up. Painful yes, but not as painful as building the Allison. Stage V is about $2300 for the parts and torque converter. Now I really say "Uncle". There is so much to do and just not enough disposable cash.

I am excited about getting the FASS tomorrow.

I did receive the FASS on Friday and finally got around to opening it about 10pm last night and took a couple of pics.

DSCF5569-XL.jpg

I thought the box was interesting especially the warranty info. They must have had some warranty issues.
DSCF5570-XL.jpg

The box was packed well and nothing seemed damaged.

DSCF5571-XL.jpg

The actual pump assembly was surprisingly heavy.

DSCF5572-XL.jpg

The kit looks complete and I hope to do some more today.

DSCF5573-XL.jpg

I will try and get everything laid out on the bench in the general position it will be installed.

The next thing I want to do is register it with FASS so I get the full warranty. I just got my multipurpose printer back on line so I can get it registered. I will post what I had to do after it is completed

I have access to the FASS line, wish I would have know could have saved you $20ish on the pump.
If anyone ever needs parts its allways worth shooting me an email with a link to the lowest deal you've found, I'll try to beat it for our members here if I can.

Are you an authorized FASS Dealer? They make a big deal about that in the warranty. If you are an authorized dealer that is great. If you aren't they will not warranty their product.

I am finally getting to the installation. I should be finished today and will take some pics and post what went right and what I had problems with.

Are you an authorized FASS Dealer? They make a big deal about that in the warranty. If you are an authorized dealer that is great. If you aren't they will not warranty their product.

Sorry never saw your question. Anyway yes I am an Authorized dealer for FASS.

Looking forward to your report.

So, I finished the install today and the results are interesting.

I was going to mount the pump where the instructions said to do it but, the left front/drivers side bed bolt would not come out. The nut inside the frame is loose and everything I read on line the folks installing it mounted it somewhere else because it would have been in front of the left rear wheel. So I mounted mine in front of the fuel cooler on the inside of the left frames rail.
DSCF6613-M.jpg

I hangs to low below the frame rail so eventually I will move it to protect it more. I drilled a hole through the frame and made a large aluminum puck to space the bracket up. I think I can go another inch higher but, I am looking for qa better place to mount the pump/filter assembly.
DSCF6614-M.jpg

Removing the fuel suction connectors at the front of the tank and above it behind the fuel cooler was a bit of a challenge. I removed the cooler and dropped it down so I could access the fittings.
DSCF6616-M.jpg

Here is another view of the fitting seperated.
DSCF6617-M.jpg

You alkso have to cut the fuel filling hose and insert a spacer and connection for the retirn vent line from the pump.
DSCF6620-M.jpg

Pump with all the hoses and fittings installed.
DSCF6621-M.jpg

I used a lot of tie wraps so I didn't have any hoses rubbing on anything. I will be moving the pump within the next month and will check for chaffing then if not before.

DSCF6622-M.jpg

DSCF6624-M.jpg

I am interested where others have mounted their pumps.

Initial impressions: Quiets, engine seems more quiet. when I lean on the motor hard it seems to have more power. I have a 1K trip coming up in 10 dfay and will be towing the Puma so I can get a better feel for it then.

I guess being a "senior" it kicked my fanny on the install. But the next one would go real quick.

Yeah i'd get those filters up high some how. Looks like a nice set up. I bet the engine is happier.

Thanks Mike.

Leroy, I would not have believed it if someone told me the engine would be more quiet. Make me wonder if there is a problem with the CP3? I don't think so. Anyway the only thing I was hoping for that didn't happen was a quicker start. The motor always turns over a couple of revs before she fires. That didn't change and I am willing to accept that is an inherent design of the Dmax.

I have read where the pump is noisy on a lot of posts on multiple boards. I could barely hear it when I first energized it, engine not running, and then when it got a suction and loaded it changed just a bit. When I started the engine you never knew it was there. I am running a Diamond Eye QT 4" exh. and it is pretty quiet also. So, I just need to figure out how to get the FASS higher and at least even with the frame rails.

I am driving it today and enjoying my new equipment.

This is what FASS says about the unit.
2001-2010 Duramax 150GPH Lift Pump Features:
  • New Bolt On Bracket Installation
  • Preset 8-10 PSI Fuel Pressure
  • Complete Replacement Pump
  • 150 Gallons Per Hour Flow Rating
  • Removes Water, Air and Debris From Diesel Fuel
  • 3 Micron Filtration Rating
  • Protects and Extends The Life Of Your Injectors
  • Improved Cold Weather Starts
  • Decreases Carbon Monoxide and Carbon Dioxide Emissions
  • ½ Inch Fuel Lines and Ports
  • Fuel Mileage Improvement
  • Improved Fuel Volume Delivery
  • Smoother Engine Idle
  • Optional Electric Heater Ports
  • Optional Fuel Pressure Gauge Port
  • Limited Lifetime Warranty
  • 30,000 Mile Filter Life Expectancy
  • Quietest Motor On The Market

3 engines in 80k miles, seems a bit excessive.

Nice install on the Fass BTW.

Back