• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Eggs, how do you like 'em?

Eggs, how do you like 'em?

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
This weeks contribution by Bernie.....

Thanks Bernie

Scrambled
Sunny side up
Over easy
Over medium
Over hard
Soft boiled
Hard boiled
Poached
Benedict
Other

This is a multiple choice poll....

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE or send me a PM.......

Depends on how I am eating them mostly. Rarely just eat an egg by itself.

With grits I like 'em over easy so yoke mixes with grits. Over medium as cheese toast topper. Over hard on a sandwich on the go.

First choice is none, second it scrambled and have to have some type of salsa to hide the taste. Just never could get my head around eating them.

:eek:You forgot omelet and frittata. Both can have veg meat and cheese in them, raw ingredients have to be fully cooked first. The omelet is cooked in a fry pan fillings added and folded. The frittata is started in a fry pan and often finished in the oven or broiler. You add the fillings to the pan and then add the beaten eggs, cooked till firm, but not folded, served like a small pie. Thems good eats. :thumbsup:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/frittata/video/index.html

Normally basted (fried to harden the white, then cover and add water to "steam" the yolk so it's runny) in a well-seasoned cast-iron pan. Then make an "egg sandwich" with toast and use that to sop up the yolk, along with bacon or sausage. Yum.

When I'm out, it depends on how I feel, but still usually basted with toast, hash-browns and sausage.

Soft boiled with the yolk just barely runny, sliced and served over white rice with a little butter.

Or scrambled.

Or fried hard or medium on white bread or sourdough as a sandwich.

Or hard boiled and ice cold.

The girlfriends brother has 5 chickens so we get tons of free brown eggs. I usually do some type of omlette on Sundays with cheese veggies and maybe meat. If im out at a diner ill choose over easy. Eggs benedict is good too! Ill take them scrambled also! Heck i dont care as long as they dont have olives in them!

Most mornings it is two poached eggs on toast with cinnamon sprinkled on top. But, I like eggs in general and fix them a variety of ways. At Christmas breakfast it is eggs benedict.

I like eggs however they're cooked, but if I have the option, and I have toast or something to soak up the liquid, than soft and soup is better.

Back