• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Edge Juice w/ Attitude VS Bully Dog

c33080

Reaction score
I am looking to put a programmer on my 03, was wondering which was better. Im more looking for the economy right now since the oil lords think, they need to go on these faboulous vacations at our expence, fuel needs to be so expensive.

I dont have any first hand experience with either of the two so I'm basing my opinion on what I have read about them. They both seem to throw codes and have recurring glitches.
Guys seem to be having good luck with the PPE units and the Predator is a good low-buck unit.

I have ran a Triple dog (Bully Dog) and PPE. All I can say is PPE is hands down a better set-up. Mileage is better and driveability is also. Hope this helps.

I have ran a Triple dog (Bully Dog) and PPE. All I can say is PPE is hands down a better set-up. Mileage is better and driveability is also. Hope this helps.

My MAIN reason for getting a tuner was for improved mileage, but for the life of me I cant keep my foot out of the go-pedal. I even tried switching to a smaller tune but I cant live without the extra power so I'm screwed. I haven't even been calculating mileage cause I no its not good. Wish they would have included a bottle of self control with my tuner:D

I run the edge juice/att. Haven't had any problems since i put it in about a year ago.:D If i stay out of the throttle it'll get around 23 on the hwy, 18-21 on the interstate(depending on how fast i go:D) Driving like i usually do.....16-18 wide open on level 5. I haven't noticed any better numbers on the lower power levels so it stays on EXTREME all the time.:turbo:

My Bullydog has been flawless. Its a great tuner I think...I have had no experience with the Edge.

I would go with the Edge.

Its an all around tuner/gauges with built in safety features and its tucked nicely out of the way and in good view.

Weve run one on our 02 for four years. However it did die recently so Edge sent us a brand new one for $250 w/ a new attitude as well, even though the warrenty was two years past.

I know of two other guys running edges around here and two of them had small glitches, but theirs were easily fixed. Ours however went completely dead.

Besides the glitches, its an excellent entry level tuner, While I cant claim and mpg gains, I can say that having an extra 80hp while getting the csame mpg is definately a plus. And when you wannna have fun you can run level 5 without tearing up your tranny.

Otherwise go with a PPE or EFI Live.

They load the tune of your choice in your truck. In 5 hours it expires. Not sure how it works, but it does.

Or you could buy tuned ECM w/ 400+ HP ratings for around $150. They use EFI to load tunes and also offer custom tuning w/ ECM. But there's a core charge if your not swapping. Might be a good simple alternative.

those are always nice. I know Kennedys is at least $500 and Ridgerunners "moonshine" is really xpensive too.

They are just a toggle between two tunes typically stock or mileage and the big tune.

Thanks for all the advice/ opinions, I decided to go with the Edge I will let you know how it works out for me

They load the tune of your choice in your truck. In 5 hours it expires. Not sure how it works, but it does.

That's got to be a HUGE deal maker right there. I was sitting on the fence for months debating wether or not to get a tuner. Now I have one and there is no way I could live without the extra power. I wonder how many people go get a tune loaded without even thinking about making a purchase and five hours later are handing over money:D

Back