• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Duramax

Basically you'll have to replace the entire fuel system because of all the metal contamination throughout it. Last I heard it was around 6-8 k. You'll need a CP3 conversion to go along with it. I put almost 7k in my 2013 to solve the problem ahead of time and added a 'few' other related trinkets from WCFAB.
Sorry I don't have better news.

There have been many, many trucks “stolen”, and stolen. Some guys still one for the parts, get theirs running then sell it to get away from the issue. Other guys park it in a garage where it gets stripped apart, then a few months later call the cops to report it stolen.

Around Vegas that price is low. 10-11 grand.

Does a lift pump help to eliminate the problem with the CP4 pump ?
My son has a 2016 Diramax and I mentioned to Him about a possible pump problem and He just shrugged it offt.
A lift pump may delay the inevitable problem. Lack of lubricity in ULSD in America is mainly the culprit. A CP3 conversion is NOT cheap, but it's a lot cheaper...

A lift pump may delay the inevitable problem. Lack of lubricity in ULSD in America is mainly the culprit. A CP3 conversion is NOT cheap, but it's a lot cheaper...

I texted this statement to My son that has a 2016 Duramax. I warned him in the past about it but it was to no avail. I hope He takes notice before the failure happens to His truck.

Back