• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Duramax Brake Lines

RI Chevy Silveradoman

At your service
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone had to replace their Duramax brake lines yet?

A buddy who has a 2005 Duramax and travels back and forth from RI to NH and plows with his truck had to replace the brakes lines a couple of years back. I have been keeping an eye on mine. With all the road salts from the winter, mine look ugly.

I was debating on whether or not I should replace with steel lines, or go with 200psi nylon lines.

Les is being polite.

OMG-HELL NO!! Air line tubing is not going to work!!

You can have a hydraulic shop make flexible lines that is d.o.t. rated and good to a FEW THOUSAND PSI. That's good stuff. It is steel braided and has a clear lining over it that keeps it sealed from corrosion.

It is more expensive, but easier to do install, and should last longer than stainless line. Just rip yours out, cut whereever you need to, and haul it down to the hydraulic shop so they can measure to fit, and get the correct ends on it. Also replace "t"s at same time.

We have a 2000 Chevy K1500 with almost 400,000 miles on it and its brake lines have never been touched that I'm aware of, not even the soft lines. It's been through 17 MN winters too...

The stuff at the parts store is NiCu, Nickel-Copper Alloy. It's rated for brake line pressure.

carquest carries "Ni-Copp" brake lines with ends attached in different lengths. I bought a 40"x 3/16 one for about $8 today for my dually. Other than the hard 90* bends you can do the rest by hand.

Back