• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dual gauge pod

SnowDrift

Ultra Conservative. ULTRA!
Reaction score
I'm finally planning to add the fuel pressure gauge I bought from Smithville several years back and am considering adding a temperature probe in the rear of a head with a gauge in the cab. Another idea is to use a toggle switch and use my transmission temperature gauge as a dual purpose.

Does anyone have a photo they can share of the '95+ dash with a dual gauge pod which is not on the pillar? I'd like to see what options are available and wanted to see if anything has a factory look

I don't have a pod for my boost gauge but it just sits on top next to the pillar. I think @MrMarty51 has a 3 gauge pod that sits on his dash.

I will need to do something once I get the temp gauge installed. I have heard some folks use the center overhead console area where a info digital whatchamacallit would be right above the rear view mirror. I think it's just large enough to fit two gauges in there.

I have a 3 gauge mount similar to the one in here.

Shaped a chunk a old aluminum sign to match the base and mounted the gauge pod to that. It just sets there atop of the left side of the dashboard. Dont even move around up there. Easy to get a peek at too.
When I run wires for the RR head temperature sender, through the far left corner of the dash I also run sending unit wires for the other two positions.
Also made provision for ignition on wires and grounding wires while I was at. Wont have to go through that disgusting problem again. 😹😹😹

I would be inclined to attempt making a back plate from some wood paneling or a thin board off an old pallet. sand and stain to your liking for an old school look. once you have the outer pattern, just draw a couple of more outlines in the piece of wood in case you have to cut another one during the process.

the blank plastic that's in mine is convex in shape. might do well for the left gauge angled towards the driver but not too much for the drinkers side. the gauge would be facing their side.

The red LED switch is for the electroviscous fan system. I didnt know if having a light that high up would cause me problems in the dark conditions so I used a lighted switch so I can tell when the fan kicks on. Thats its only function, then I can flip the switch and the light goes off.

Back