• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

door lock problems

tammlyn

Reaction score
hi guys my 2006 has a problem that just started,the door locks are locking and unlocking by themselves almost all the time,i checked my frame ground and ifs good, harness in the door is good any ideas woukd be great thanks

I believe the module for the doors is in the front passenger door if you need to replace it. I'd think about finding it and check the ground there for starters. I don't have any other idea.

Take the key fob out of Your pocket so that the buttons dont get pressed. LOL
I just could not resist saying that.
I dont have a clue what could be the matter on why the doors is acting up. Although, I keep My truck locked when not in use. I pack a key in My pocket, that keys sole purpose is to unlock the truck so I can get into it. After I get in the truck, I have a key stashed under a couple of item that lays on the 4X4 shifter/transmission hump, that keys sole purpose is to get pushed into the ignition switch and then used to fire up the truck. Soon as I unlock the truck, that key goes right back into my pocket and as soon as I switch off the ignition, that key goes right back into its hidey hole.
Now, with all that said, it might be a good idea if You followed suit, especially with Your doors acting up, You then know that You will never be locked out of the cabin.
My sons 2000 Dodge W1500 was doing that too, I dont know if He ever got it figured out. I`ll text Him and see if He did, might be a similar fix. Also, I hauled His spare set of keys to Him on several occasions, until he learned about keeping a key in the pocket.

Back