• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Door Hinge Pin and Bushing Replacement

Big T

Reaction score
Doing a little research on door hinge pin replacement on the GMT 400 era trucks, and came across this excellent video

Fast forward to the end and he experiences the exact same bushing break-up that I did and in short order. Lot of comments about the crappy Dorman bushings with some recommending GM only bushings. Then finally someone came up with a source for solid bronze heavy duty bushings:

They ain't cheap at $30 per door, but you get what you pay for. I ordered 2 sets because I'm tired of messing around. They even offer oversized bushings for door hinges that have worn.

Will let y'all know how this goes.

Big T

Reaction score
I too will await for your report on these. My driver door is already loosening up where it’s bouncing on the striker. Need to do all 4 doors and don’t want to have to redo it again and again lol
You were the one who motivated me to do the search for good bronze bushings. It was not a hard search. First found the video, which mentioned the existence of them. Then found the source in the comments. I’ve had the cheap Dorman bushings work, but not for long. You (should) know things have gone bad when the door is sticking and you’re pulling extra hard on the interior door handle to open it, eventually bending that handle.