• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Do you listen to music while working in the shop/on your truck?

Do you listen to music while working in the shop/on your truck?

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
This weeks contribution by Dad's 05 LLY.....

Thanks Ed

Yes
No
Depends on my mood
Depends on whether I remember to turn it on :lol:
Other

This is a multiple choice poll....

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE or send me a PM.......

I tend to like the radio in background especially when doing work with my hands. Just loud enough to enjoy and help calm nerves doing any aggrivating work. I also especially like it doing a long slow tedious tasks like painting.

I always try to rememebr to turn the radio on as the silence gets to me after a few hours of working. Can only go so long of hearing wrenches dropping and such before it gets old and you need something to break it up anyways.

I voted no as when my welder is running it even screws with the radio in the house a 100+ yards away. However I have come to like the silence after working in a shop with 10 different getto blasters all playing different music. The loudest belonging to 2 idiots playing "Who Let The Dogs Out" over and over.:eek:

Yep, I'm like Leo ... we had a radio station in Alberta that played the same crap over and over and over... ever since then, I value silence.

I also like to be able to swear nice and quiet and still scare the truck. :hihi:

Actually, I never remember to turn it on, until I'm under the truck, and I'm too lazy to crawl out and turn it on so I just leave it :D

If I'm in the mood to. Got a serious stereo in the shop and I like to crank CDs (5 disc changer) from time to time. I mostly do loud music when cleaning more than work that requires concentration. Music to wash & detail my truck includes things like Stevie Ray, Allmans, .38 Spl, Skynard, VanHalen, Clapton :bow:,etc...:D

Yup....I've got a killer sound system....Aiwia unit my wife paid 10 bucks for at a yard sale......does sound pretty good in the shop though.

Sent from my Motorola Xyboard

Glad to see this got put up.

If I remember, I usually keep my old iPod out there on Shuffle, but I also have a 5 disc changer and could hook my laptop, phone, etc up to my reciever as well. For a 20+ year old Sony Reciever and Jensen "Digital" tower speakers, it works pretty well.

However, sometimes silence is golden. ;)

Yep, I'm like Leo ... we had a radio station in Alberta that played the same crap over and over and over... ever since then, I value silence.

I also like to be able to swear nice and quiet and still scare the truck. :hihi:

Actually, I never remember to turn it on, until I'm under the truck, and I'm too lazy to crawl out and turn it on so I just leave it :D
Back in the old country I worked in a agg dealership for a few years,the boss liked to turn the radio to the jazz channel and crank it up loud....AND I CAN"T STAND JAZZ!!!.
Repeated requests to turn the G-damn thing to another channel or turn it off fell on deaf ears.
So one day when i was in a :mad2: mood i fixed that for once and all,...i laid a crowbar across that Effen radio and beat it to a mush.:hihi:

Boss just looked funny at me but didn't say a thing,good thing he didn't.....cause he would've been next :agreed: :D

Always. I have tinnitus and need some background jabber going on all the time. I also have a TV in the shop sooooo important ball games can be kept up with. The only time I will have everything turned off is when something is really important and no distractions are the rule.:thumbsup:

Back