• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Differences between 2wd & 4wd 4L80E?

dka99burb

Reaction score
Is there any difference between a 2wd and 4wd 4L80E from the same year? This may be a dumb question but I have not pulled these before. It would be awesome if you can just pull the tail off of the 2wd version and bolt the transfer case on. :skep:

The shaft is different 4x4 is shorter iirc. To swap them you basicaly tear down the complete trans.

99 burb 2wd for parts?

Ouch.

The reason I ask is that there is a 99 2wd version of my burb locally with bad bottom end for sale at almost crusher price. It has 300k and he says he has done nothing to it except a radiator since he bought it with 60k. :skep: This means there is probably very little of value. It is at least the same colors as mine but I don't need any body parts, right now.....

What do you guys think? Is it worth picking up?

Well I didn't know that. Learn something new everyday, and forget 2 things I knew:hihi:

Ouch.

The reason I ask is that there is a 99 2wd version of my burb locally with bad bottom end for sale at almost crusher price. It has 300k and he says he has done nothing to it except a radiator since he bought it with 60k. :skep: This means there is probably very little of value. It is at least the same colors as mine but I don't need any body parts, right now.....

What do you guys think? Is it worth picking up?
Without seeing it $1500 max. Do you have a engine for it?

I don't have an engine for it. I think I can grab it for about $800 or less. Body looks pretty good. Interior so-so. He has been using it as a work truck but not as bad as I would expect for a work truck. He has fancy rims on it that he would keep or wants $1500 with them. I am thinking more as a parts truck. Unless someone here wants it to fix.

It's tempting but my time is super limited and I am already maintaining the 4wd burb, finishing up a few things to sell the 02 quad cab 4wd Dakota, and building a turbo 4cyl gasser for a street project. Not to mention the kids, house, work, etc. I love projects but my wife will kill me if I take on another one!

Back