• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Diamond Eye Down Pipe and 4" Quiet Tone Exhaust

Marauderer

Grumpy Old Cur***geon
Reaction score
Is anyone out there running this exact set up? I am considering this exhaust because I want as much quiet in the cab that I can get.

I am also considering covering the down pipe and the Quiet Tone section with extra exhaust insulation and the paint/sealant for a little extra quiet

Honestly, I don't think you'll need it. These things are very quiet with or without exhaust.

Pulling a trailer all the time the quiet tone was a good choice. No resonance in the cab at full power or otherwise.

Nick are you running the DE DP and QT exhaust? Or, all the exhaust on the Duramax are kinda quiet?

They're all quiet on the 3rd through current generation trucks. Don't you realize just how quiet your truck is now? It's not gonna get a whole lot louder. Like I explained before, I'm running a 4" MBRP with a resonator in place of the cat. To me, it is very quiet inside the truck. I also came from an 04.5 LLY with an MBRP system on that as well and this truck is a ton quieter.

They're all quiet on the 3rd through current generation trucks. Don't you realize just how quiet your truck is now?

I can't tell much difference...running down the road towing or not...between my stock exhaust and the catless MBRP I have now. Driving around with the radio off and the windows down I hear a slight whistle but if I wasn't listening for it I wouldn't hear it.

Ed: How about seat of the pants performance. Can you notice anything different between the 2?

Sorry for the late reply. No I couldn't feel any difference. I just followed along with all the normal list of first mods. As far as towing goes I couldn't tell any difference either. I didn't have gauges when I replaced it so I can't say how much my egt's changed. I dropped the cat so now it hisses with a rumble everyonce in awhile at idle. It's a different tone when running down the road...nice mellow sound not loud at all.

Well, I got the DE DP installed and ordered the DEQT Exh Sys. not much change in sound with the DP. It did lower EGT's at least 100*F.

I should get the 4" TB QT Exh. installed next week and will be able to report back.

Now, for you guys that say there is no difference I am conservitive and was willing to go a little extra just to insure there won't be any increase in Cab noise. I do appreciate your input.

Thanks!!

It kick my duff all over the place.:eek: I think I had almost 18 hrs in it. I worked 5-6 hrs a day for three days.:???: I am so embarrassed:eek: as a lot of guys say they can do it in 45 min. I even had it up on a lift.:agreed:

Would I do it again?:thumbsup: Only if I couldn't get someone else to do it for me and I would pay. How much?? it depends.

Was it worth it? Oh Yes!!:partay:!

Now, yesterday I installed the DE QT 4" TB Exh. Sys.:) It took about 1.5 hrs for the actual installation another hour futzing around getting the system out of the box and making sure the right hangars were in the correct spots and cleaning up. Straight thru system without a kitty.:hihi: Only ran it home from the shop so today I will make the quietness evaluation. Sounds good though.:D

Barry, was the transmission dip stick in the way on yours?

Bill, yes it was and I wasn't happy:( with the bracket reinstall as I couldn't get the bracket to bottom out on the studs before tightening. I would have had to take out the downpipe and rebend the dipstick tube to really get it right.:eek: Maybe the next time I am in there or when I do the transmission rebuild I can make it totally right. It is solid now but, it could be perfect.:D

Back