• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Detailed Starter Change Article Finished

Can I promote MY website on yours for free? I will have to put the Google Ads back on and see what affiliate links I can add first. Maybe I can generate enough traffic to actually get a check from Google IF Google doesn't figure a way to deactivate my account for inactivity, lack of logins, or other dirty tactics to simply not pay.

Can I promote MY website on yours for free? I will have to put the Google Ads back on and see what affiliate links I can add first. Maybe I can generate enough traffic to actually get a check from Google IF Google doesn't figure a way to deactivate my account for inactivity, lack of logins, or other dirty tactics to simply not pay.
I'd love to have you on board WW. What is your web site?

And you won't likely get much from Google. Maybe a few bucks to go towards paying for the site.

Last edited:
Nice work. A little digression, for the Quick Connect Coolant crossover, you can just replace that tube with a hose all the way to the back. I did it on mine, I put NPT to 3/4" from GM and put 3/4" heater hose back to the tee.
If it leaks, usually just need to tighten the clamp but there is only 1 clamp as suppose to 2 clamps.

Nice work. A little digression, for the Quick Connect Coolant crossover, you can just replace that tube with a hose all the way to the back. I did it on mine, I put NPT to 3/4" from GM and put 3/4" heater hose back to the tee.
If it leaks, usually just need to tighten the clamp but there is only 1 clamp as suppose to 2 clamps.
Thank you.
I did tighten it and it sealed. Likely I'll leave it as long it doesn't become an issue. But, I have heard of others replacing the whole thing like you say. I'll look into that if I ever have to get into it again.

Nice work. My starter swaps are just far enough apart, fortunately, that I seem to forget steps. Thanks in advance
My starter swaps always seem to be in the middle of December or January when it's ass-freezing cold and windy out and having to lie on the ground, regardless whether it's on one of my 6.5's or another vehicle. That's when you find out that you've forgotten how to ease the starter out and in, which order to remove/attach the battery and solenoid leads and that pesky rear brace! Revenge of the weather gods, I guess.

My starter swaps always seem to be in the middle of December or January when it's ass-freezing cold and windy out and having to lie on the ground, regardless whether it's on one of my 6.5's or another vehicle. That's when you find out that you've forgotten how to ease the starter out and in, which order to remove/attach the battery and solenoid leads and that pesky rear brace! Revenge of the weather gods, I guess.
Amen to that brother, and I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one.
The worst change that I ever had to do was almost exactly like that except I had a 4" deep, half frozen puddle of water that I had to lay down in.
God I hope I'm getting smarter as I get older.

Sarcasm? I don’t think anyone got it.

Amen to that brother, and I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one.
The worst change that I ever had to do was almost exactly like that except I had a 4" deep, half frozen puddle of water that I had to lay down in.
God I hope I'm getting smarter as I get older.
The one I'm referring to was -5°F with a 20mph North wind, laying on the concrete pad by the fuel pumps at the service station my starter decided to take a fatal non-start dump one morning. It was only a 29 block walk each way to the nearest autoparts store for a new starter.

Back