• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

dead batterys

tammlyn

Reaction score
my truck was parked for a couple of weeks and the batteries are dead,after recharging them i noticed that the radio stays on and the red battery light is on even with the key removed from the ignition,the interior lights go out as soon as you close the doors so i don't think its a door switch,can it be ign.switch,has anybody ran into this thanks mike

That usually is a bad battery. The radio red LED should stay on to indicate the anti theft is armed. Just make sure you replace both.

Sent from my SCH-I535

yes i know the light should be on for alarm,this is not the problem the radio is actually on when you shut the truck off and open your door its should shut off but it doesn't shut off at all and the red battery icon in the dash display remains on you can listen to the radio outside the truck i left it sit for a while to see if it would go off but it doesn't thanks mike

Disconnect both batteries for at least 30 minutes to allow the BCM to fully reset. Also while both batteries are disconnected, go inside the truck, turn the key on, then go back under the hood, and touch the positive and negative battery cables together. After the 30 minutes, reconnect the batteries and see if the problem still persists. SOmetimes charging the batteries with them hooked up can scramble the BCM and cause many issues. And in some extreme cases, you can fry the BCM from hooking the battery charger up with completely dead batteries. Solid state electronics don't take well to stray A/C current, and with dead batteries the battery charger will give off alot of A/C current bringing them back up.

yes i know the light should be on for alarm,this is not the problem the radio is actually on when you shut the truck off and open your door its should shut off but it doesn't shut off at all and the red battery icon in the dash display remains on you can listen to the radio outside the truck i left it sit for a while to see if it would go off but it doesn't thanks mike
Ahh... I didn't catch that part.

yes you should never charge the batteries when there on line always try to disconnect them,so my truck has come back from the doctor this morning we where scratching our heads with this one and the problem was found the windshield whipper motor was shorted, the harness coming in was coroted and it caused my dash lights,radio,and battery icon in the dash to stay on and what was weird is the interior lights would go out when you closed the door as there suppose to,we will remember this one thanks mike

Back