• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dead 95. 6.5 help please

Rant

Reaction score
I’ve been working on 6.5 desil for a month and it’s just stubborn it revs to 2200 sometimes others won’t start at all no fuel getting to injectors then next time smoke out take and she fires and revs next runs and ideals changed pmd tryed ecu lift pump works well unplug optical sensor and won’t start or run next it take a little finess to keep running plug it in and revs up or no fuel changed no different some one please give me a new idea ow ya mulipanl grounds fixed cleaned or replaced including leads to batteries

Sorry but we need more info . Pmd on an extension harness? Sure sounds electrical, also not good that you can't get it to start with the OS unplugged, that mean you're CPS maybe bad. The grounds you really need to focus on are the ones on the passenger side rear of the engine

Welcome.
Yep, get new cps and remove and clean the grounds then reinstall.

get a clear line on the ip return to ensure no air in the system. Doesn’t sound like it but a couple dollars and 5 minutes is worth it. 1/4” line about 5” long, any hardware store has it.

Clear line already installed I’ll try grounds. On passenger rear has harness extension I have went through it with meter looking for resistance everything checked out hopefully someone in town got a new crank sensor. Thx

If the crank sensor doesn't fix it. See if your pump is original. The early DS4 pumps had issues. Stanadyne did a update on them in 97 I believe. You could have an internal issue with the FS or pump itself causing fuel control issues. Rule out any sensors or wiring first though.

I change the engine and injection pump harnesses when I work on these. Most leave a little to be desired, unless they were already changed. On a 95 ypu will want to do the lift pump relay upgrade.

If it has a optic sensor filter harness, you can remove it and plug directly into the IP

I’ve been working on 6.5 desil for a month and it’s just stubborn it revs to 2200 sometimes others won’t start at all no fuel getting to injectors then next time smoke out take and she fires and revs next runs and ideals changed pmd tryed ecu lift pump works well unplug optical sensor and won’t start or run next it take a little finess to keep running plug it in and revs up or no fuel changed no different some one please give me a new idea ow ya mulipanl grounds fixed cleaned or replaced including leads to batteries

Time to check the pump harness. I have another thread on this forum ("Double check my diagnosis please, 94 K3500") and I have similar issues, and so far its looking like the pump harness, might be loose or corroded on the fuel solenoid pins. loose screws would explain it getting fuel intermittently.

I've been busy with work and a back injury, so my project is on the back burner, will be getting back after it shortly.

Back