• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Crank no start

Need help

• Chevrolet 6.5 turbodiesel 1995

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crank no start

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hard Rock

Reaction score
Hallo, ich komme aus Deutschland und besitze 1995 einen Winnebago mit einem 6,5 Turbodiesel. Nachdem die Kontrollleuchte des Motors aufleuchtet, wird das Auto zu einem Shop für Routinewartung gebracht. Luftfilter Kraftstofffilter Neues Öl und so weiter. Das Licht ist weg, kommt aber nach 100 km zurück. Das Auto kurbelt aber kein Start. Ich wechsle Pmd, Öldrucksensor, Selonoid, Wastegate, Glühkerze, Neuerde, Neue Saugpumpe, ich überprüfe alle Kabel und Verbindungen. Alle Zeilen mehrmals bluten. Das Licht bleibt ohne Code und ohne Start. Ich füge eine neue Batterie hinzu. Ich kurble keinen Start an Bis der Akku fast leer ist und dann mit sehr langsamer Kurbelgeschwindigkeit der Motor startet und perfekt läuft. Was ist mein Problem? Vielen Dank für jede Idee

I used Google Translate on Chrome so hopefully the translation is good.
We cannot tell you exactly what is wrong since we don't have access to the RV.
Also, RV may be setup slightly different than the trucks.

Here is my suggestion:
Check the fuse?
Test the starter? Tap the starter during cranking see if that helps.
If you tap it and it starts, then the starter is bad. (old trick).
Make sure the battery is charged up again? Do a "load test" on them, one at a time.
Before trying to start again.
Verify that the Lift Pump / Suction Pump is pumping be putting 12V source into it.
The OPS needs to be ACDelco otherwise it will cause other issue.

[QUOTE = "JMJNet, Beitrag: 598642, Mitglied: 145"]
Ich habe Google Translate auf Chrome verwendet, daher ist die Übersetzung hoffentlich gut.
Wir können Ihnen nicht genau sagen, was falsch ist, da wir keinen Zugang zum Wohnmobil haben.
Außerdem kann das Wohnmobil etwas anders eingestellt sein als die Lastwagen.

Hier ist mein Vorschlag:
Sicherung prüfen?
Starter testen? Tippen Sie beim Anlassen auf den Anlasser, um zu sehen, ob dies hilft.
Wenn Sie darauf tippen und es startet, ist der Starter schlecht. (alter Trick).
Stellen Sie sicher, dass der Akku wieder aufgeladen ist? Führen Sie nacheinander einen "Belastungstest" durch.
Bevor Sie versuchen, erneut zu beginnen.
Stellen Sie sicher, dass die Saugpumpe / Saugpumpe pumpt und eine 12-V-Quelle in sie einspeist.
Das OPS muss ACDelco sein, da es sonst andere Probleme verursacht.
[/ZITAT]
The
[QUOTE = "JMJNet, Beitrag: 598642, Mitglied: 145"]
Ich habe Google Translate auf Chrome verwendet, daher ist die Übersetzung hoffentlich gut.
Wir können Ihnen nicht genau sagen, was falsch ist, da wir keinen Zugang zum Wohnmobil haben.
Außerdem kann das Wohnmobil etwas anders eingestellt sein als die Lastwagen.

Hier ist mein Vorschlag:
Sicherung prüfen?
Starter testen? Tippen Sie beim Anlassen auf den Anlasser, um zu sehen, ob dies hilft.
Wenn Sie darauf tippen und es startet, ist der Starter schlecht. (alter Trick).
Stellen Sie sicher, dass der Akku wieder aufgeladen ist? Führen Sie nacheinander einen "Belastungstest" durch.
Bevor Sie versuchen, erneut zu beginnen.
Stellen Sie sicher, dass die Saugpumpe / Saugpumpe pumpt und eine 12-V-Quelle in sie einspeist.
Das OPS muss ACDelco sein, da es sonst andere Probleme verursacht.
[/ZITAT]
Thank you for your message. Your Translation is perfekt. I will try what you told and come back Tomorow. One question, could it be possible the crankshaft sensor is bad. This is the only sensor i could not change. No space.

Vielen Dank für Ihre Nachricht. Ihre Übersetzung ist perfekt. Ich werde versuchen, was du gesagt hast und morgen zurückkommen. Eine Frage, welche es sein, dass der Kurbelwellensensor schlecht ist. Dies ist der einzige Sensor, den ich nicht ändern kann. Kein Platz.

Sorry i forget, die ops is a acdelco. All replaced parts are original spare parts no after market China junk.
Thanks alot for your help

Welcome.

DO NOT USE STARTING FLUID, it can destroy this engine easily.

If you try starting and post a video on YouTube, add link here- that can help a lot.

Are you getting any smoke when cranking before start? If so what color?

Install a clear line in place of the 1/4" diameter about 6" long fuel return line that comes out the front of the injection pump. Watch for air bubbles or other contaminates.

Measure fuel pressure at the inlet of the injection pump. 8-14 psi is ideal. lower than 4 psi can create hard starting problems. New parts does not mean they are good parts. Measure, don't assume good just because new.

Engine rpm is crucial for starting. what is yours?
Caution using battery chargers/ jumper as they can damage brand new glow plugs. Fully charge batteries then disconnect before cranking. Glow plugs- ONLY use AC Delco 60G.

Thank you, i already check all like you advise me. No smoke. Today after a few minutes crank the einging runs like perfekt but the light stay and the obd1 Code says during runing 19. Crank shaft sensor. Bevor i go this allmost imposible replace is there a way to check the function

The crankshaft sensor and the optic sensor (black cube on top of the injection pump) work in tandem. Unplug the crankshaft sensor. Engine should be hard to start, but will start- because it is getting info from optic sensor. If you leave the crankshaft sensor plugged in and unplug the optic sensor and it never starts- then the crankshaft sensor is bad. This is a simple and free method to test the two parts.

Yes the crankshaft sensor is stupid hard to replace. If you have to, only buy AC DELCO- and from an authorized dealer- there are many imitation parts being made with their name on it. Remember to put a little oil on the oring when installing.

Hey Will, this is the Best Information i ever get. I will try it Tomorrow and i hope i dont have to replace cps. IT seam is a nightmare.

Hello, i made this test today.
First all plug conected. Long cranking no start. Unplug cps, cranking no start, Unplug optical sensor cranking no start. All plug conected, cranking no start till the batterie is allmost down. With a very loooow cranking speed the engine start and run perfect. The engine start only with this low crank rpm. I am very frustrated

Welcome to the forum Hard Rock.
It is always nice to read of members actually performing the tests then reply back their findings.
So many people come in, ask questions, be given procedures and never try to follow through, then they leave and dont come back and we never find out if they got their unit fired up and running or if the sold it or hauled it to the scrap yard.

Hey Mr.Marty, this is not the way i am. I am glad there are nice people trying to help. They should know if could help and made me happy or not.

Back