• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Converting to power windows and door locks on a 1993

Doors with the options You desire is still easiest solution.
I personally like being able to roll down any window, or roll up, that the dog desires to hang out of, while I’m driving along on the road, or off. 🤪😹😹😹😹

There are aftermarket kits for doing it. I had a window kit on my 69 Camaro. The motor gets mounted in the dead space of the door, and cable runs from it to an attachment pice that went in place of the window crank. So a black plastic trim circle is all you see where the crank used to be. It worked great for years. Then car sat for 15 years- I sold it and the guy that got it going said they we working perfectly, and he was happy how I did it because he removed them to return car to stock. Nothing was altered permanently. Not a single screw.

Same thing for power locks. Aftermarket sells kits.

Seriously look into those options before swapping doors or modifying you doors.

There's quit a few of these trucks at the U pull it near me, I just thought I'd install the whole window regulator and just have to figure out how to wire it up. I believe the power window regulator assembly comes with the door lock actuator on it also.

In My opinion, i still think it easier to install complete doors. Them huck rivets is mighty tough so if You do remove assemblies, pack along a grinder with a cut off wheel. I think would be easiest for removal.
A chisel and hammer just going to bend stuff.
Might need to pack along a water type extinguisher if grinding. Dont want to burn down the pick and pack if a fire starts. 😵‍💫😳😩😹😹😹

And be damn sure your donor truck if you go OEM parts is an 88-94. Model year after that, there are multiple changes to things like the cab floor stamping so seats don't interchange, firewall so dashboards don't interchange and door bracing stampings are different, so things like inner door panels, manual/power window regulators, door latches, power locks don't interchange, either. Body/skin panels are the same.

Found this out trying to do some interior updates to my '94 C2500 using a 96 donor. Nothing fits/interchanges.

Back