• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Compressor oil

Jaryd

Extremely Deplorable
Reaction score
I need to know about how much oil y’all think I need to add to the system.

A little back story.

I pulled the engine last October or November to do head gaskets and check the main webs after it ran hot on me. My brother was helping me and he didn’t want to wait until I got home from work to recover the refrigerant so he just cracked the line at the accumulator and let it leak out. I know I lost some oil. My question is. About how much oil do you think I should add after I put a new accumulator on. I’m a Industrial HVAC guy but not a small system vehicle HVAC guy and it’s getting hot enough to start using the ac again.

Drain the old accumulator and measure: There are tables as to how much to add with component replacement.

IMO you should remove and drain the compressor, flush the condenser and evaporator then drop in a full oil system charge. But that's because I need maximum performance in extreme conditions that oil levels being off could hamper.

Thanks y’all. Soon as I get a dry couple of days I’m going to start working on it.

Back