• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cold Start before and after injector change

but you were just helping with the mosquito population right! lol I used to see cars and trucks doing that all the time around here. old gelopy's passing through town with blown head gaskets or smoked rings where you couldn't see anything behind them.

Pull the old ones apart and let’s see what the nozzles say....
Just put the housing in the vice and same socket that removes them from engine takes it apart. Just don’t loose the shims or spring.

but you were just helping with the mosquito population right! lol I used to see cars and trucks doing that all the time around here. old gelopy's passing through town with blown head gaskets or smoked rings where you couldn't see anything behind them.

If I had taken it to a shop, all the work I just did would probably cost more than the truck is worth. I'd say the bill would have been close to $4,000. Instead, I did it for the cost of parts and I'm good for another 100K miles.

The leak on the passenger side valve cover appears to be fixed.

Replaced the lower radiator hose and it appears that leak at the radiator is fixed.

Just need to replace the Upper Control Arm bushings and address the tie rod adapters. Then it's back to changing transmission fluid.

Or send them to Nate so he can pop test them and see how rough they were.
Definitely worn and leaking!

you have no business with marines in your suburban. You don’t tow 10,000 lbs and not trying to race it

So we leave for the Fullerton home on Thursday 11/13. We'll be down there 3 weeks. I have a new IP to install on Colby's '94, which has been running great on Marty's loaner IP. I will also be changing rear brake pads and rotors out on the 4Runner. New Mevotech tie rods and alignment on the 4Runner. Have a used (all I could get) manual shift cage and cables for my 2005 Honda Accord arriving at Colby's place on Monday and have a shop (guy I went to elementary school and lived on the same street, all he does is Hondas) that will install it. Depending on how that goes, will attempt to replace boots on Colby's CV axles and possibly install the forged lower control arms. Reluctant to take those on until the Honda is back running as the '94 Suburban is needed transportation.

My old hands ached from all this mechanic work.

Back