• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

'Clickjacking' Threat Hits Firefox and Chrome

JiFaire

Lieutenant
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
http://www.switched.com/2009/01/29/clickjacking-threat-hits-firefox-and-chrome/

'Clickjacking' Threat Hits Firefox and Chrome

by Tim Stevens, Posted Jan 29th 2009 at 3:06PM

Another day, another security risk, and while it pains us to bring you all this dire news so frequently, we figure someone has to keep you in the loop. Today's warning has to do with a new type of subversive Internet attack called clickjacking, in which you're tricked into clicking on links or buttons you can't see, possibly granting others access to your personal information. Two of the web's most popular browsers, Firefox and Chrome, have been found to be vulnerable.

Clickjacking is tricking a Web user into clicking on something they didn't want to, possibly on something they can't even see. It's possible to create a hidden overlay over a Web page and, within that hidden page, load up something like the login screen to MySpace. To the user the Web page might appear to be showing a game or the like that requires you to click on various objects, but in reality the user might be clicking on options in MySpace to make his or her information public or, disconcertingly, to change their password. Firefox and Chrome currently have no mechanism for preventing this kind of attack, but, surprisingly, Internet Explorer, a browser many consider to be less secure than the competition, is not susceptible to the attack.

Google has pledged to release a fix in short order, and we presume Firefox will be patched quickly as well. But, the best news is that nobody is actually aware of this sort of exploit being used in the wilds of the Internets so, for now at least, we wouldn't lose any sleep over this one. [From: CNET News]

Ya know Jim, I have no idea what you said...

LOLOLOLOL....

Here's the point I was after... Firefox is not a guarantee against catching a bug.

People very often tell others "Get Firefox and you'll be safe from spyware, viruses, etc" - I use it, and it may be safer, but it ain't safe.

Most of the time, it is safer than IE, but not always.

LOLOLOLOL....

Here's the point I was after... Firefox is not a guarantee against catching a bug.

People very often tell others "Get Firefox and you'll be safe from spyware, viruses, etc" - I use it, and it may be safer, but it ain't safe.

Most of the time, it is safer than IE, but not always.

At one time in my life I tried the fox, but got rid of it. I use IE and I have no trouble with it. Sorry for being an ass Jim.

At one time in my life I tried the fox, but got rid of it. I use IE and I have no trouble with it. Sorry for being an ass Jim.

Never; you weren't being such a thing, my friend.

I just figured I was being dense again... I have to watch that.

More as I age...

It's sure way better than IE though...because it's been so good more people are using it. They may as well have painted a bulls eye on themselves.
I try to keep everyone in my family on Firefox, but when they are away from home they sneak back into using IE. I just got the call from my daughter in Chicago...somethings wrong with my computer...I get all kinds of popups and my homepage is missing...:mad2:

It's sure way better than IE though...because it's been so good more people are using it. They may as well have painted a bulls eye on themselves.
I try to keep everyone in my family of Firefox, but when they are away from home they sneak back into using IE. I just got the call from my daughter in Chicago...somethings wrong with my computer...I get all kinds of popups and my homepage is missing...:mad2:

Tell her to call Jim hahahahahahaha

I should...I get tired of fixing it over and over...and she's too highstrung to talk through anything.

Say Jim, what is your number??

Wait. If firefoxy aint save, what can I download upload internet that is? Computers is so confuzzing. I miss my spell checker.

I try to keep everyone in my family on Firefox, but when they are away from home they sneak back into using IE. I just got the call from my daughter in Chicago...somethings wrong with my computer...I get all kinds of popups and my homepage is missing...:mad2:

Ohhh how I nkow that feeling! :mad2:

Wait. If firefoxy aint save, what can I download upload internet that is? Computers is so confuzzing. I miss my spell checker.

So do I...
ahhhhh.gif
icon_smile_wink.gif

Back