• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cheapo 6.5 and learning.

Gurp

93 6.5TD Single wheel 4wd auto
Reaction score
Heyo, new here and to diesels.
Got a cheap 6.5 TD truck. Receipts for work done to it over the last 10 years it lived on a fellows farm.
It's rough as a cob.
Hoping to fix it up as a work truck.
So far have fixed some wiring that was just sloppy and a fire hazard.
Have a DRAC on the way. No Speedo or 4th gear. Summer time planning on adding a reese hitch utility bed and redoing the broken exhaust.

Welcome.
A ton to learn here to keep it running long as possible.

Fill out the signature line with truck and details of what all has been modified and such to help us stay on track with what issues could be.

A few things to check asap that are engine killers:
Oil cooler lines this old fail, dumping all oil and kills engine in seconds.
Harmonic balancer/ belt drive pulley fail and cause broken crankshaft/ main webs fail.
Starter front brace gets left on during starter replacement and cause block ear to break off.

Welcome @Gurp there's lots of great folks here that are more than willing to help :)

x2 on that starter rear bracket. my truck is living proof of what can happen when the bracket isn't reinstalled on a starter replacement. the previous owner had the block welded and re-threaded for the starter. mine is a ticking time bomb waiting to grenade on me.

Back