• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Catalytic converter photos

RI Chevy Silveradoman

At your service
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone have any photos of what the inside of our Catalytic converter looks like? I am looking for our Duramax specific converter only. I would like to know how restrictive it really is. Thanks for your help in advance! :thumbsup:

I may have showed you this before, but you would definitely have to cut that heavy (and I emphasize heavy) bastard open to see anything because the pipes don't go straight through.

picture.php

Thanks Grady. I was just curious to see what the inside looked like, and to see just how restrictive the catalytic converter is. Or maybe it isn't?

I knocked the guts out of mine. What came out was the same as any other CAT converter media that I have seen.

Thanks Grady. I was just curious to see what the inside looked like, and to see just how restrictive the catalytic converter is. Or maybe it isn't?

When you pull it off and see a 150* drop in EGT's, and a noticeable increase in pedal response, I think it's safe to assume that it's pretty restrictive. :D I'd cut mine apart except I have to put it back on once a year to smog it for my registration.

Back