• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bumper cover has to come off to change the headlight bulb

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
At the Ford dealership getting her truck serviced.

Tech came to the waiting area and told someone their whole bumper cover has to come off to change the headlight bulb.

For some reason, it made me chuckle. Vehicles really suck anymore

I used a sawsall on a 2007 Chevy 2500 to change the driver's side headlight long ago. Just cut the hidden bolt lower support clean off. Plenty of stupid to go around from the OEM's. Needed headlights, both burned out, more then a fix it and DOT out of service ticket...

Some of the LED or HID OEM lamps are over a Grand in cost. :greedy:

You need a scanner on some modern fords to clear the codes or the light still wont work after you replace the bulb.

Somewhere, someone decided this would be a good idea to incorporate into the design. Genius! :facepalm:
They don't want you to be able to work on your own vehicle. If it wasn't for the right to repair act everyone would be forced to take their vehicle to the dealer for service.

You need a scanner on some modern fords to clear the codes or the light still wont work after you replace the bulb.
Any ideas which years?
I'm beginning to think we should limit our shopping to 2007 or older.

It's either that or go new and trade every time the warranty expires - not really in our price range.
We're more used to paying once and driving 200,000 miles and then some

Back