• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Brake upgrades using factory parts for GMT-400(88-00 OBS), and 94-99 DODGE 2500/3500

Husker6.5

135' diagonal 16:9HD, 25KW sound!
Reaction score
Also, make sure it is the Suburban-based Escalade (I believe that's the ESV, but I'm not a Caddy guy), not the more compact Tahoe-based Escalade. The TSB came out in 1999, so it would only be late 99 build date Suburbans with the newer valve.

Oredigger97

Reaction score
No, iirc, it is NOT the ABS unit that was replaced under the TSB, it was the combination or "proportioning" valve on the back of the ABS unit that gets changed out. Bleeding an ABS is a royal P.I.T.A. without the proper equipment, whereas bleeding the proportioning valve it relatively simple. Here is a PDF attachment to an article on this very subject for 1990's Suburbans with the P/N's of the parts needed.
Thanks for the article. I was just searching the abs unit on car-parts since there was only 1 result nationally for the proportioning valve. I'm going to call a few of the yards close to me that have the abs unit and see if I can buy the proportioning valve only.