• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bracket

DieselCash

Trust but, verify
Staff member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me or show me how this mounts up onto the side of the motor?
Thanks,
Bracket.jpg

One of the back two intake manifold stud bolts i think. Maybe on the glow plug controller stud bolts? Thats the relay bracket for boost and EGR?

It is the bracket dead center of the picture. I agree, it is hard to see.
The one item connected to the bracket is something for boost.

Wow. Not liking whatever change was made to seeing pics now using iPhone. Used to be I could click on pic and use 2 finger spread to zoom in. Now it goes into convolutions and ends up smaller than original pic.

Sorry no help on the bracket. Looks familiar but cant place location. Was thinking passanger front area attached to intake manifold, but not sure

That is drivers side, back of motor. I uploaded it through google photos. That might have messed it up.

Does anybody have a similar bracket they can upload picture showing what and where it connects.

Thanks, AK!
But, my bracket only has two fingers. Not three.
Strange, I wonder how many different brackets GM used to hold down the same parts.

I will see if I can get a better picture.

The Bracket slides over the lower manifold studded bolts at the back of the motor regardless if it has two or three positions. Pretty much as you have it now. You may need to move it to get the holes to line up or, if you've put a bolt where a stud should be, correct that with the right studded bolt.

Back