• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bosch Injectors

gmc60

Reaction score
Where can i find a place to buy injector shims for my 6.5 they pop at 1700 and i am told they should pop at 2000 psi i want to try shims.Bosch 0430211054 :confused::confused:

Rock auto sells the nozzels. Not shure about the shims. A diesel injection shop that rebuilds injectors should have them. Otherwise bosch should have a web site or toll free number to find out local distributer.

Welcome to the site.

Is that pop press with new or old nozzles?
these shims are standard in all injectors but come in many thickness. So IF you can get them new you will have to provide the size you need, [good luck on that one]
try diesel injection repair shop.Or get your hands on a pile of used injectors to rob the shims out of.

Or just cut your own out of a coke can.(old diesel mach's trick to shut up ignorant drivers and make em happy with black smoke out of the stack)

Thats the old ones i cleand them up. i did this to a kobota engine set them for 2200 took some time but the thing runs so good starts at -15 deg. so i figer a 6.5 would do the same but cant find them for that style injector... 2000 i think that where i want to be.. Any in put would be of great help..

How many miles on them? You should fill out your sig. so we have all the info on your truck. I would put in new nozzles and then set the pop pressure, they are probably worn. Leo

Thats the old ones i cleand them up. i did this to a kobota engine set them for 2200 took some time but the thing runs so good starts at -15 deg. so i figer a 6.5 would do the same but cant find them for that style injector... 2000 i think that where i want to be.. Any in put would be of great help..
I set mine at 2200 psi and it is fine for a 6.5, engine is more snappy. i would not reuse the old nozzles,it aint worth it.
making your own shims wont work due to the few thou diff in thickness one often needs to get them all within 50 psi of each other at the pressure you want.

IIRC 2300 is factory pop pressure for new 6.5 turbo injectors. The marine injectors are supposed to pop at 2900-3100 depending on HP level.

Will new nozzles pop at the right psi with the old shims or am i still on the hunt for shims LOL ...its a 6.5 non turbo dont no what im put it in yet its a 1994 F I im rebuilding it for a time killer.. LOL also where can i find a compleate gasket set for it i mean all gaskets ?
Bill

Will new nozzles pop at the right psi with the old shims or am i still on the hunt for shims LOL ...its a 6.5 non turbo dont no what im put it in yet its a 1994 F I im rebuilding it for a time killer.. LOL also where can i find a compleate gasket set for it i mean all gaskets ?
Bill
The only way to get it right is with a pop tester,swapping shims among your injectors may get you close. You will need to lap the body mating parts to prevent leaks.

A head set will have all you need,except bolts and the injectors copper washers. The latter should come with new nozzles, if not,then you can reuse the old ones by heating them cherry red and dunking them in water.

Back