• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Big red truck is no longer mine

GMMomma74

Mother of Trucks and Mopar Minivans
Reaction score
My crazy husband sold my truck.
So I bought this baby...
She's a 96 Chrysler Town and Country.
Silly little old gasser.
But if my first love is big old trucks my 2nd is little old minivans.

Her name is Vanny White... I know real original...
Only issues she seems to have are something not quite normal in her front end, passenger side sags when someone gets in and the tire/wheel makes weird noises. Thinking new struts and an alignment. Previous owners claim no accident but it sure looks like it may have been. Also motor was replaced a couple years back. New cooling stack, new tie rods. Oh and most likely needs a transmission shift sensor. But... If a tranny is needed I have a leftover from my last minivan (97 Dodge Grand Caravan, same engine and tranny) sitting on a pallet wrapped in a tarp.. Plus some other random parts like a brake kit and what not.

And because of the stupid positioning of the crankshaft position sensor across the serp belt it is getting a new one today...

Since y'all told me to hang around when Big red Beast was gone I decided to stay. I will have a big truck again.

There is an International out there that I want. Looks like a Big Rig but you don't need a CDL to drive it... I think... Could be wrong cause that happens...

Anyway since I'm no longer big truck driver/question asker I will be posting my questions in the Off Topic area.

Thanks everyone for all the help with my little Beast (truck in my picture for those who are unfamiliar with me)... 20190831_142753.jpg20190831_180713.jpg20190831_180704.jpg

Sort of getting caught up from the excited labor day drama.
Was hoping that the big red truck would have worked out for You.
Dont be a stranger, even though You dont have Big red, You can still stop in and give us some harassing's. LOL

Hey don't be a stranger....we all (well probably almost all) do own vehicles besides our 6.5td rigs..lol... And I totally agree sometimes you just got to walk away from something... Now that you got a good vehicle you can get back on your feet and get things back going good and eventually when the time is right you can hunt down another one...and we do know how to wrench on stuff besides our rigs so don't be afraid to ask for help with Vanna..
Hope this is the start of brighter times for y'all..

There is an International out there that I want. Looks like a Big Rig but you don't need a CDL to drive it... I think... Could be wrong cause that happens...

Disclaimer: I have very limited knowledge on this subject and only know what hear / read. So take the following for what it is worth . . .

That is likely incorrect unless it was titled for recreational use.

Background to the comment is that my mechanic volunteered a story about a customer whom drove his Dad's old semi to the mechanic's shop for repair. The mechanic was concerned for the customer as it turned out that the customer did *not* have a CDL for the commercially registered vehicle and stated that the customer was at risk for simply driving it (from a legal standpoint).

Am sure that better experts will come along in short order to correct me if appropriate :)

Although, there are Freightliner and International vehicles that look like oversized pickups and have air brakes. If that is the case, then chances are good that you can drive it with a non CDL license as they usually fall into the passenger / recreational registration categories.

Friend of mine had one for a while and loved it.

Hmmm... the devil's advocate must be away on business...guys didn't we have this discussion in another thread basically aimed at hot shot drivers not being properly licensed for what they were driving..?
I'm not exactly sure what the truck is shes referring to but if it's in question of requiring a CDL to drive..I'd rather see her just get the license or a different truck.. NOT saying that she's not capable of driving it and I understand some of them are just an over glorified pickup truck... But when you start using the loopholes to be able to drive something you're leaving yourself open to a ton of liability if something happens..
Just my opinion..

I think the International in question might just be a Texas thing... Or a very limited edition. And most likely so far out of my price range I'll never afford it...

Hell ('scuse the unlady like language) apparently I can't even afford a freaking running vehicle...

No-one seems to even care (local freaks) that I have a minivan that won't start... At the point now that I have to replace the battery cable terminal ends... Have the parts just not the tools... I just want someone to take it and give it back running and let me know what I owe them...

Thanks for arguing over me 😁

At this point I think my next purchase will be a dog cart. I have 5 dogs I could train to pull it..

Not in my neck of the woods... Altho Jax (Boxer) is lazy, Ruffus is old (8), Baby is more interested in eating and Buttercup is crazy... Cocoa is a chiwenie and just a tad too little...

I think the International in question might just be a Texas thing... Or a very limited edition. And most likely so far out of my price range I'll never afford it...

No, it is not really a Texas thing. Here is an example:

International MXT.jpg

And, Yes. Ex-Pen-Sive! Unless, that is, if you happen to have a wallet with Trump-change.

Way too much for my budget, even used.

A new jeep pickup setting on the Dodge lot. It looks mighty nice, some bit smaller than the K3500 CC but nice looking regardless.
I like it that ther is going to be an optional diesel in 2020.

Back