• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 tires

There's a few low mileage reviews here- http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=Mud-Terrain+T/A+KM2

I will say I've always loved the look of them. If you have good luck with them I might give them a shot next but for now I'm teetering between the MTZ's I have now or maybe the ATZs for more mileage....I really like the way mud tires look though. Post pics when you get them on!
I like the ATZs myself but I couldn't find them in 255/85/16s, which is the biggest I want to go on the dually.

I'll get some pics up when I get them mounted.
JP

When I comeback from Iraq in a year those were the exact tires I was going to get. Compared to what I run now from what I have read are a lot better. 1/32 of a inch bigger, load range E and there about the same price. Plus there BF's there gonna be a decent tire.

Hey Steve, how have your MT/Rs been wearing? I had a set of those on my '96 lifted half ton and liked them a lot, but I would have only seen about 40k with them on that gutless halfton (35's and stock 3:73's with the 350). With the D-max I'll be getting at least 40k out of the MTZ's. I think that's pretty good.

When I comeback from Iraq in a year those were the exact tires I was going to get. Compared to what I run now from what I have read are a lot better. 1/32 of a inch bigger, load range E and there about the same price. Plus there BF's there gonna be a decent tire.
I think they will be good tires too....I hope...:D You be careful over there RYDNHI and watch your six! :patriot:

JP

Well I finally got my new tires. They are the BFG KM2's. Here are the pics:
IMG_0553.jpg IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

The size of the tires are 255/85/16's Load Range E, with 2" spacers.
JP

Got 46,000 miles on them and they have been pretty damn good so far.

How do they look right now? I really did like my MT/R's a lot. Really like the sidewall design...simple and beefy. Tough tires...never had a flat with them. Too bad Toyo and others stole their tread design.

Heartbeat- What are your first impressions of the tires? They look good!

ugggh, were have I been for the last year I wish they wouldnt of gotten rid of the old BFG mudterrains, the new ones look horrendous, but at least your truck looks good with 255's on it

Here are some pics with the Goodyear MTR's with a Nickel in them at 45,000 miles.

Attachments

• DSC01855.jpg
    DSC01855.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC01858.jpg
    DSC01858.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 6
Heartbeat- What are your first impressions of the tires? They look good!
Well, first impressions are purty good. The truck feels (handles) better, it rides better, and it sits a tad higher. I don't really hear the tires, but they tell me they get louder as they wear. I only have a 100 miles or so on them and if they stayed just like this for 45K miles, I'd be happy as hell!

I'm going on a trip Wednesday, we'll see how they do at 70 mph.

Also, I am told I will get real good at rotating them....:D

JP

Well I finally got my new tires. They are the BFG KM2's. Here are the pics:
View attachment 7201

The size of the tires are 255/85/16's Load Range E, with 2" spacers.
JP
Those look great on your truck! Good choice!

ugggh, were have I been for the last year I wish they wouldnt of gotten rid of the old BFG mudterrains, the new ones look horrendous, but at least your truck looks good with 255's on it
They dont make the old style any more? Thats what I always ran on my dually until last year when I screwed up and went with street tires. I should have stocked piled some :mad2:

Back